Sales Tax & Compliance Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/8/2018
END DATE 7/12/2018
Harris Computer Systems
SALES TAX & COMPLIANCE MANAGER
Job Location CA-ON-Ottawa | US-MA-Boston | CA-ON-Toronto | US-IL-Rosemont | CA-ON-Ottawa | any Harris office, US or Canada
Posted Date 1 month ago(5/29/2018 8:13 PM)
Harris Computer Systems is seeking a Sales Tax & Compliance Manager to work closely with the VP Finance in ensuring the timely preparation, filing and compliance with all Canadian and US indirect (sales) tax. The successful applicant will be working in the Corporate group along with a team of highly motivated individuals who are engaged in continuous improvement. The Corporate head office is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, however applicants from across Canada and the US will be considered.
* Compliance ensure all transactions bear appropriate tax determination and tax charged per invoice
* Filings ensure timely filings of all sales/indirect/commodity tax filings across Canada and US
* Audit oversight Preparing requests and responsible for all sales tax related audits
* Review Review detailed sales tax account reconciliations and agreeing to sales tax filings
* Acquisitions - Assess information and determination as it relates to NEXUS of continuous acquisitions to ensure smooth sales tax compliance upon integration
* Systems Lead roll out of ONESOURCE software for tax determination & compliance across all legal entities
* Managing Mentor and train team of 3-4 sales tax analysts to carry out mandate
* Recruiting / Hiring - Participate in the recruitment, hiring and training of new team members
* Controls - Ensure that established control procedures are in place and identify control risks;
* Process - Identify, improve, and standardize processes where possible;
To meet this challenge you must possess a high level of initiative and energy as required to succeed in a fast-paced evolving environment, as well as Several of the following skills:
* A desire to see their job as a means of helping others do their jobs better;
* Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills;
* Ability to delegate effectively and take full ownership of delegated activities;
* Meticulous attention to detail;
* Strong communication and people skills;
* Prioritize and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing business environment;
* Team player with a positive attitude;
Preference will be given to candidates with any of the following:
* Completion of a professional accounting designation program
* 4+ years of work experience in an accounting or finance environment
* Undergraduate degree in business, finance, or accounting
* Experience interacting with tax authorities
* Skill in the use of Great Plains & ONESOURCE is an asset.
* Advanced skills in the use of MS Excel and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Harris is a wholly owned subsidiary of Constellation and is a leading provider of financial management and Customer Information Systems (CIS) software solutions. Since 1976, Harris has focused on providing feature-rich and robust turnkey solutions to all levels of local government, public power and water entities, school districts as well as hospitals and healthcare facilities throughout North America. Harris' focus is on creating long-term relationships with our customers and ensuring that we meet the changing needs of our customers over time. Harris is divided into multiple functional Business Units that are supported by a centralized Corporate Services group.
Harris is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Harris to ensure that its management and employment practices are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, protected physical or mental disability, amnesty, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.