RN Case Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/8/2018
END DATE 7/13/2018
The Elizabeth Hospice Inc.
Primarily responsible for providing professional nursing care to assigned patients. With input from the IDT (interdisciplinary team), patient and family, assesses, develops, implements and evaluates the plan of care. Ensures appropriate communication and plan of care coordination to all internal/external customers. Responsible for carrying out the mission, vision, values and commitment to quality of The Elizabeth Hospice.
* Develops written plan of care in coordination with an interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
* Oversees implementation of plan, evaluates and changes plan as necessary to meet patient/family needs.
* Responsible for the direction of care provided by LVN and HA in accordance with patient s plan of care.
* Responsible for the supervision of services provided by the LVN and HA per TEH policy and regulatory requirements.
* Communicates all changes to IDT and primary MD.
* Performs job duties in clinical areas as stated in clinical competency checklist, policies/procedures, standards of care, and critical competencies based on Scope of Practice.
* Maintains timely patient documentation using point of care electronic charting.
* Implements and maintains established hospice policies and procedures as well as Standards of Care and regulatory requirements.
* Provides health care instruction to patient and family members.
* Orients, instructs, and trains assigned personnel.
* Participates in providing 24-hour, seven days a week coverage to patients/families (on-call and census fluctuation).
* Performs admission assessment and admission when necessary.
Hours: M-F 8:00-5:00
On-Call - 2-3 shifts per month, which may include weekend shifts.
1. Must have Associates Degree, Bachelor Degree preferred.
2. At least 12 months experience with 1-2 years preferred in acute care.
3. Current CA RN license.
4. Current CA driver s license with proof of insurance.
5. Prefer certification as hospice nurse.
6. Pediatric experience preferred.
7. Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) preferred
8. Computer skills (word processing), use of adding machine, calculator, fax, photocopier.
Hospice experience preferred
9. Because this is a field position, must be able to drive in various conditions, including but not limited to winding/steep roads, night driving, and rural areas, and be able to enter homes with pets.
"The Elizabeth Hospice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.