Senior Client Billing Specialist 6/8/2018
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Office: New York
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Prepare and forward pro forma billing print-outs to billing attorney; make edits to pro forma s per Partner instructions including, but not limited to: time descriptions, transfers, write down/off of unbilled time/costs, in accordance with firm policy.
* Prepare draft and final invoice for Partner approval; finalize and post invoice(s) in firm financial software; prepare and ensure successful submission of e-bill(s); monitor and report on status when necessary.
* Review, analyze and ensure compliance with client s Outside Counsel Billing Guidelines
* Proactively communicate and meet monthly with assigned Partners to review unbilled (WIP) and unpaid (A/R) inventory.
* Document and update Partner & client billing protocols as needed
* Continually monitor WIP, aged A/R, and unapplied or on-account billings/cash to assist Billing Partners in meeting billing & collection goals; document and report on aged WIP & A/R.
* Take ownership of the full matter life-cycle, assuring proper matter setup in accordance with client and Partner requirements/preferences; necessary e-billing task/activity codes, matter ID and/or budgets are incorporated in matter details; ensure alternative fee arrangements (AFAs) are setup where applicable; compliance with client s billing requirements (i.e. time increments, frequency, invoice(s) template). Update billing protocols as needed.
* Follow up on partially paid invoices to assure the firm collects A/R in full; consistently clean-up stale time/uncollectable amounts and obtain necessary authorization for write-offs in accordance with firm policy.
* Follow up with Partners regarding on-account invoices to ensure WIP is relieved in a timely and accurate manner.
* Establish effective & open lines of communication with clients financial team so that the firm s invoices are processed expeditiously. Troubleshoot client invoice related issues, such as: e-billing questions/problems, provide back-up for billed expenses, etc.
* Respond to client inquiries/questions in a timely manner and escalate issues as needed to Supervisor, Manager, Director or other firm management as needed.
* Collaborate with the billing/collection team and other finance personnel and work closely with Partners and other legal staff to achieve the firm s goals.
* Coordinate ad hoc projects at the request of clients, Partners, and firm management.
* Provide coverage during absence of other team members.
* Confirm compliance with the firm s accounting, billing and collection policies and controls and ensure integrity of the firm s financial and operating information.
* Prepare various reports and analyses, as requested.
* Other responsibilities within the billing/collection function as they may be assigned from time-to-time.
Education and Experience:
* A Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience required; degree preferably in Accounting or Business.
* 5+ years experience in a large law firm billing department or comparable industry.
* Software: Elite (Enterprise or 3E) or Aderant a plus, Elite preferred; Design Gallery, Star*Collect, Target*Cash, and InTapp Time is a definite plus.
* Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with Ebilling Hub and E-Billing vendor sites preferred.
* Ability to function as a self-starter, work independently and with a large team, and meet strict deadlines; detail & results oriented.
* Flexibility with overtime when necessary.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Elizabeth Abrego, Administrative Recruiter at Adminjobs@milbank.com. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Milbank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. We value diversity and are firmly committed to a policy of non-discrimination, on the basis of actual or perceived age, race, color, religion, disability, marital status, pregnancy, national origin and citizenship, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, creed, genetic predisposition, carrier status or any other classification protected by law. Our policy of equal opportunity applies to recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, and all other terms of employment.