Construction Estimator 6/8/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY STRUCTURAL, a Structural Group Company, integrates technology-driven solutions with specialty contracting services to improve, protect, and enhance the existing infrastructure of owners directly, and in partnership with designers and contractors. STRUCTURAL offers a wide range of specialty repair and maintenance services and is the largest concrete repair contractor in the United States, with over 1,000 employees working from locations nationwide and in select international markets. STRUCTURAL is the open-shop contracting division of Structural Group.
We are currently recruiting for an Estimator to be based in our greater Baltimore/Washington office which is located in Elkridge, MD. As an Estimator for STRUCTURAL, you will be responsible for estimating complex self-performed construction projects that make our nation s structures stronger and last longer. Projects typically consist of concrete repair, masonry restoration, waterproofing, structural strengthening, etc.
As a successful candidate, you will be also be responsible for:
* Preparing estimates by calculating various statistical data such as quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man-hour, equipment costs and applying to complete scope of work
* Defining and quantifying scope of work and preparing comprehensive conceptual, budgetary, and construction cost estimates for projects
* Reviewing / researching historical data and compiling summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates
* Maintaining involvement in uncovering sales opportunities with prospective and existing customers
Candidates who meet the following criteria may be considered for this exciting position based in our large Operations division:
* Candidates with a Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management may be given preference
* 5-12 years of construction estimating experience, ideally in a related industry involving concrete repair projects
* Demonstrated ability to work with a team to estimate projects of moderate complexity up to $10 Million
* Prior experience to estimate up to 5 projects directly and up to 5 estimates indirectly as a mentor
* Ability to evaluate, quantify and capture specification requirements within the estimate
* Prior experience working with terms & conditions in construction contracts
* A strong understanding of the greater Baltimore/DC construction market, including current market prices and clients (i.e: engineers, architects, property managers and owners)
* Previous experience maintaining client relationships while performing light business development
* Demonstrated construction math and computer skills including Microsoft Excel and / or construction estimating software. Must also be able to demonstrate ability to read blue prints
* Ability to travel 10-20%
Our ideal Estimating candidate is an innovative but decisive individual who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; can encourage and mentor others; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
STRUCTURAL, a Structural Group Company, is proud of a company culture that promotes 24/7 safety and quality. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, career development and growth opportunities, and a caring work environment.
Additional Benefits-Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
-Short Term Disability
-Long Term Disability