Information Systems Compliance Specialist 6/8/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY
Prolacta is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and, as such, we believe infant nutritional products should be human milk-based. As a privately held, scientifically driven company, committed to improving premature infant nutrition, we are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta operates and/or owns milk banks that provide the starting material for the products Prolacta sells.
The Information Systems (IS) Compliance Specialist is responsible for review and approval of quality systems and compliance in all areas of computerized devices and computer system applications to include applicable website changes for Prolacta. This position serves as a resource to department and operations on computer-related quality and regulatory issues in the framework of the SDLC model, applicable Prolacta Standard Operating Procedures, and state and federal regulations (i.e. CFR 21 Part 11 and Part 820).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Understand quality procedures, safety procedures, IT procedures, and cGXP procedures and systems.
* Provides Quality support for IT project activities; project initiation, scheduling, high impact projects, ensuring that comprehensive project, quality, and risk documentation is prepared and maintained. Develop and/or review and approve validation documentation as needed.
* Review, recommend, and approve requirements specifications and verification methods, procedures, and results, which are communicated through requirement specifications, analysis, demonstration, inspection, test, and simulation results.
* Ensures adherence to project plans and milestone charts.
* Performs risk assessments and develops risk mitigation and contingency plans throughout the life of the project.
* Leads problem resolution as issues arise.
* Work with assigned teams to identify and resolves conflicts, roadblocks, and issues within the project team(s). Escalates issues appropriately.
* Works with IT Team members to ensure project related documentation is completed according to defined standards.
* Perform technical review and approval of validation protocols, requirements, integration, verification and validation traceability Matrixes as needed.
* Provide independent oversight to validate that the product/system fulfills its intended use when placed in its intended environment (i.e. conforms to the customers functional requirements; and meets the expected safety criteria, quality, and reliability standards).
* Provides training and constructive input to team members.
* Provides GMP compliance guidance to the team for SOP and written standards (e.g. FDA), providing additional information as needed to ensure consistent application of quality processes.
* Collaborate with IT to improve requirements, development and verification processes.
* Act as a liaison between IT and Quality to help trouble-shoot quality related issues.
* Assist with non-conformance investigations and training.
* Other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor s degree in electronic, mechanical, or software engineering, or related field.
* Experience in multiple validation disciplines including manufacturing process validation, hardware/software system validation, equipment qualification, and facilities validation.
* Experience in participating in regulatory agency inspections and/or internal audits with focus on validation activities.
* Verification and Validation experience using risk based approach (P-FMEAs, etc).
* Ability to collaborate effectively within multiple discipline teams with the ability to review and understand engineering documentation.
* Experience with reviewing documentation for all internal software application launches.
* Experience with evaluation of system documentation submissions to ensure successful transitions.
* Knowledge of computer environments, standards development, and system life cycle methodology.
* Knowledge of regulations as they relate to Quality System Regulations for computerized systems (21 CFR parts 820 and 11). Pharmaceutical, Blood Products, or Biotech industry quality and IT activities preferred.
* Experience/background in blood banking, medical fields (pharmaceutical, hospital, etc.).
* Prior work experience in IT, software quality, development or database management.
* Two years Software Quality Assurance or Engineering (SQA or SQE).
* One year IT auditing.
* Two years SDLC (Waterfall, Rapid Prototype, Spiral, Agile, etc.).
* Three years overall IT experience (can include experience timeframes from above).
* Experience with IT practices (COBIT, ITIL, ISO, SEI, etc.).
* Experience with testing tools (HP ALM, Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, Load Runner, etc.).
* Experience on multi-disciple technical project teams as the validation subject matter expert.
* Experience in highly regulated field (FDA, FAA, DoD, SEC, etc.).
* Strong written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain partnerships between Quality and IT and to ensure the lines of communication are professional and congenial.
* Must be flexible with hours to accommodate production/business needs.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Computer skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Crystal Reports, Visio,
* Experience in providing management reports and status updates utilizing metrics based reporting.
* Self-motivated initiative with strong organizational, interpersonal, and technical communication skills.
* Effective presentation skills.
* Excellent review and analytical skills with attention to detail.
* 4-7 + years relevant experience in validation of COTS and development of Customized software systems.
WORK ENVIRONMENT (LOCATION, TRAVEL, SHIFT, ETC.)
* Location: Main location Duarte (Highland)
* Travel: 5%
* Shift: Day shift
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.