Loan Underwriter 6/8/2018
MidAtlantic Farm Credit
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY: Analyze all forms of credit information and independently prepare a complete documented credit package for all sizes and types of credit facilities. Concentration on small to mid-size commercial, retail, and consumer credit facilities, credit score, and note modification transactions. With senior underwriting support, seek exposure to assist on larger more complex credit facilities. Provide capacity as needed to support all areas of Loan Operations and Lending.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
Based on Size, Scope, and Risk in the overall credit facility; complete the following:
1. Analyze financial information accurately complete historical trends, pro-forma projections, debt repayment schedules, consolidations, stress testing, Probability of Default and Loss Given Default templates, source and use, commodity worksheets, and any other necessary schedules, worksheets, and/or template tools available to adequately support the overall credit recommendation.
2. Prepare a loan narrative that provides an adequate summary of the financial analysis, addressing the applicable five Cs of credit, highlighting credit strengths and weaknesses that supports the credit recommendation.
3. Continue to study and be familiar with internal and external credit practices, loan products, and compliance standards to ensure sound and eligible credit recommendations are being completed.
4. Actively collaborate with Loan Officers to finalize credit recommendations.
5. Actively collaborate with Processors to ensure effective processes are in place for positive loan processing and closing results.
6. Obtain proper delegated authority approval on credit recommendations.
7. Quality review your work; ensure PD/LGD ratings are accurate, loan structure, and covenants are appropriate given the Size, Scope, and Risk.
Meet the target turnaround underwriting decision timelines and properly document CRM system to ensure transparent communication for Sales, Loan Operations, and future audit needs.
Assist as needed in the preparation of larger agri-business loan packages. Monitor larger agri-business accounts for compliance to loan covenants and other on-going conditions of the loan approval. Verifies assets and debts when necessary by using technology and resources available.
Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business or equivalent experience
One to five years of underwriting experience preferred.
Must possess sound credit judgement and differential credit skills to complete accurate and timely credit packages.
Overall knowledge and desire to continually study MAFC, AgFirst, and FCA credit practices, policies, and procedures, GAAP, and other general financial terms and trends in the overall lending industry; particular to Agri-Business, Commercial, and Consumer lending
Overall knowledge and desire to continually improve computer skills, related software, to include but not limited to: Adobe, MS Excel, MS Word, CRM, SharePoint, Optimist and/or other financial trending software.
Knowledge of appraisals, on-line verification systems, business and individual tax return analysis, standard loan facility structuring, and agriculture commodity projections.
Self-starter, organized, detail oriented, dynamic, innovative, flexible to a changing work environment, demonstrate willingness to be collaborative, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, quality and solution focused, assertive, and decisive to arrive at sound business decisions.
May require work beyond normally scheduled hours with little or no advance notice to meet the organizations overall mission, goals, and objectives.
Travel to/from other branch offices, associations, AgFirst, or other facilities as deemed necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance