Human Resources Technician 6/8/2018
The University Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for an energetic, talented HR Professional to join our team!
The position will be reporting to the Associate Director of Human Resources. Bringing strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis in computer literacy and attention-to-detail. This person must possess the ability to be a team player, and has a strong internal and external customer focus.
Some of the duties will include:
- Responsible for recruitment efforts for departments assigned.
- Processing new hire, status/compensation changes, and termination paperwork.
- Ensures accurate and complete HRIS input. Assists with new hire access and set up.
- Administration of Health Benefits, COBRA and FMLA/LOA. This includes processing the paperwork, entry into HRIS, coordination of benefit orientation and assisting with benefit questions.
- Assists Associate Director with retirement compliance including coordinating semi-annual retirement meetings and annual retirement mailing.
- Provides direction to management and employees on addressing and improving performance concerns through coaching, counseling and disciplinary actions.
- Leading or assisting on HR projects as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Two to four years of progressive experience within HR.
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a job-related field
- Additional experience in job-related field may be substituted for required education, on a year-for-year basis
- Thorough knowledge of current US and California labor laws
- Proficient computer skills MS Office/HRIS
How to Apply
Apply online at: http://www.csun.edu/careers/
Apply as External Candidate" and then select Human Resources Technician/Generalist - (Job ID 7390)
For more information regarding our company:
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Applicants who wish to request an accommodation for a disability may contact the Office of Equity and Diversity at (818) 677-2077.