Senior Research Scientist (Advanced Research Concepts) 6/9/2018
Assured Information Security, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Position at Assured Information Security, Inc. (AIS)
AIS is in search of a Senior Research Scientist to support and lead innovative machine learning and behavioral science efforts in cyber-security as part of the Advanced Research Concepts (ARC) group. The ARC team is actively developing next-generation cyber operations technologies, primarily through the research and application of novel machine learning and behavioral science techniques.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Research and implement novel machine learning techniques
* Support research proposals, publications, and customer demonstrations
* Research and develop statistical models to represent and automate cyber operations
* Design and develop software tools covering a broad spectrum of cyber security technologies
* Participate in projects that combine many different programming languages including C, Python, and Java on Linux and Windows systems
* Mentor and guide junior scientists and engineers
Required Education, Experience, and Abilities:
* Ph.D. in Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related discipline and a minimum of 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to inspire team members to think creatively and work together as a team to solve complex problems
* Publication history in Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning
* Strong understanding of probability, statistics, and linear algebra
* Minimum 2 years of experience in Python, R, or MATLAB
* Ability to obtain/maintain a DoD TS clearance
Preferred Experience and Abilities:
* Experience with Department of Defense
* Machine learning/deep learning technologies (e.g., TensorFlow, Torch, Microsoft CNTK)
* Python, C, C++, and Java development
* Publications in top-tier Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning conferences, such as:
* ICML, NIPS, AAAI, ICLR, ECML, AAMAS.
AIS is an EEO/AA employer.