Underwriting Specialist II 6/11/2018
Sherman Oaks, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-CA-Sherman Oaks
Aon Is Looking For An Underwriting Specialist II
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of Risk, in our Ian H. Graham business group within Aon Affinity, in our Sherman Oaks, CA office.
Your Impact As An Underwriting Specialist II
The Underwriting Specialist II will be responsible for rating, reviewing and underwriting property & casualty insurance. This position includes underwriting review and rating of complex renewal and new business risks within designated affinity programs targeting the nonprofit habitational segment.
The position requires extensive review and analysis of submissions, gathering data and assessing risk against established P&C and management liability underwriting guidelines. The Underwriting Specialist is responsible for utilizing rating tools and inputting information into internal underwriting systems and carrier underwriting systems. Accountable for accurate risk assessment and documentation and executing sound decisions/recommendations while deploying clear communication with the internal senior underwriting team.
* This position requires maintaining a detailed knowledge of underwriting guidelines, carrier forms, products and competitive landscape.
* Provide customer support and assistance to direct clients, brokers and prospects to make recommendations and guide/educate on products. A key component of the position will be timely and accurate delivery of new proposals to retail agents/brokers in an effort to hit growth targets.
* Responsible for underwriting, obtaining and servicing policies, and meeting retention goals.
* Review renewals to determine the best options for clients going forward.
* The Underwriting Specialist II will achieve successful results through telephone work (both incoming and outgoing calls) along with correspondence via email, fax and mail.
* Monitors, tracks and follows-up on proposals to ensure customer and broker satisfaction.
* Use sound judgment and independent thinking to achieve the maximum result within authority and state guidelines
* Identify premium growth opportunities with current book by cross sell offering other coverage
* Collect/monitor competitive intelligence on all key competitors within assigned areas; anticipate client s needs by contributing to research and development of products /endorsements
* Work with clients or brokers to provide coverage overviews and clarifications
* Work with Underwriting Manager to organize and prepare rating information in carrier system(s)
* Actively seeks out new and challenging projects
* Works independently with moderate guidance and supervision
* Performs other duties as required
* Property and Casualty underwriting experience
* 3-5 years work experience in the Property & Casualty insurance field
* Experience reviewing applications and following instructions based on underwriting guidelines as established for the program.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong analytical skills and familiarity in working with carrier underwriting systems.
* Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
* Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented.
* Experience with MS Office suite products, proficiency with Excel required.
* Property & Casualty license preferred must be obtained within six months of hire date.
* Four year college degree in Business, Risk Management or Finance major preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.