Business Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/12/2018
END DATE 7/18/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE REQUIREMENTS
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
* A bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
* Five to seven years of experience in business-to-business sales, preferably with solutions sales emphasizing value over price. Quick question for you - click here Experience in transportation (such as truck dealerships or leasing) and/or alternative fuels is a plus.
* Strong technical savvy and the ability to grasp technology solutions and discuss them articulately with customers; technical sales experience is strongly preferred.
* Strong entrepreneurial drive as well as exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop rapport and long-term relationships with customers.
* Familiarity with this territory.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint, familiarity with CRM systems is preferred.
* A good head for numbers.
* Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills.
* A valid drivers license, proof of insurance and good driving record.
This territory includes the entire state, and you can work out of our office in Dallas. However, we will consider highly qualified candidates who live anywhere in the Texas Triangle, in which case you might work out of your home office. You'll spend the majority of your time out in the field interacting with customers. You may travel overnight 10% to 15% of the time.
Graphic: Clean Energy is a leader in renewable natural gas (RNG) solutions. Redeem is the world s first renewable fuel made entirely from organic waste for commercial vehicles. This biomethane fuel is cost-efficient and up to 70% cleaner than gasoline and diesel, making it a smart choice for natural gas vehicle fleets including heavy-duty trucks.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, you will employ a targeted marketing approach to grow the sales of natural gas to a variety of fleet customers, including existing clients and new accounts. Target customers will include regional and local fleet operators with anywhere from 20 to 400 vehicles. You will work closely with your supervisor and other members of the sales team to gain insight into the industry and hone your sales skills.
This is a highly consultative sale, and you'll need to be able to explain compressed natural gas (CNG), liquid natural gas (LNG) and renewable natural gas (RNG) technologies to your customers. Far from being a simple commodity sale, you'll be persuading customers to make a significant capital investment, including converting their vehicles from traditional fuels to natural gas. The focus will be on long-term value and return on investment rather than price points. Quick question for you - click here
More specifically, you will:
* Seek out and research prospective customers through making phone calls, traveling, attending conferences, and utilizing the Internet.
* Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Web sites and other sources.
* Manage and grow relationships with various prospects, clients, and partners in the natural gas fuel industry.
* Establish and develop relationships with local decision makers (e.g. city council members, fleet managers, public works directors, etc.).
* Educate the economic and health benefits of natural gas vehicles to local communities, city councils and trade associations.
* Market to new and existing customers through creation, development, and implementation of various business solutions.
* Coordinate the planning of marketing promotions, including advertising and special sales.
* Travel throughout your territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or communicate with customers by phone or email.
* Estimate demand for proposed projects based on market research and consumer trends.
* Develop and deliver presentations on Clean Energy services to small, medium and large groups.
* Develop proposals for prospects.
* Review and understand station contracts and fueling agreements.
* Provide input to the management team on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future customer needs.
* Work closely with the Engineering department on the development of assigned projects and with the Operations department on station operations and performance.
* Keep account activities and literature up to date.
Pictured: Clean Energy is building America's Natural Gas Highway, a coast-to-coast infrastructure to deliver CNG, LNG and renewable natural gas (RNG) to an expanding customer base -- and you'll help expand it!
WHAT\'S IN IT FOR YOU
LONG-TERM CAREER OPTIONS
We're looking for a professional with the runway to move up, particularly as our business grows. Once you've "earned your stripes" in this role you might set your sights on an expanded territory or a sales management position.
If you're the person we're looking for, you are excited to learn about our technologies. In addition, you'll gain a broad understanding of this emerging industry and our business model. We'll also help you hone the skills you need to succeed in this role and beyond, including sales and conflict management techniques, customer service, conversion financing, cost control and proposal writing.
COMPELLING VALUE PROPOSITION
You probably already knew that natural gas burns much more cleanly than gasoline and diesel, producing significantly lower greenhouse gas emissions. Clean Energy helps companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals. But natural gas fuel is cheaper (~$1.50 cheaper per gallon than diesel), domestically abundant, and it works. And using natural gas reduces America's dependence on foreign oil.
Proven strong leadership
You'll join a team of accomplished, seasoned professionals at Clean Energy, led by Andrew Littlefair. Mr. Littlefair served as President of Pickens Fuel Corp (PFC), predecessor company of Clean Energy, which he co-founded in 1997 with Boone Pickens and was Staff Assistant to then President Ronald Reagan in the Office of Presidential Advance from 1983 to 1987.
Green standard for sustainability
Unlike other fossil fuels, natural gas is increasingly renewable, using biomethane reclaimed from landfill via waste-to-energy solutions. Clean Energy is helping companies and public organizations meet aggressive environmental goals.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus incentive program, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes all you would expect plus some pleasant surprises, such as a discretionary match on our 401(k) plan -- in four of the last five years the company has matched 50% of the employee's annual contribution.
KEYS TO SUCCESS
Our sales organization is divided into teams that focus on different verticals, including national trucking (the big rig operators), the refuse / waste industry, and the transit sector (buses, etc.). The demographic you'll target will be from a variety of industries, but in most cases you'll work with businesses that have been in the family for a couple of generations and owners who work with vendors they trust. You'll need to be able to establish a rapport quickly, then build on it through a longer sales cycle. You also will need to be able to paint a picture of the future value these owners will realize on the investment they make now.
Clean Energy Fuels is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled