Architect (Historic Preservation Focus) 6/12/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Returning Candidate*
Log back in!
ARCHITECT (HISTORIC PRESERVATION FOCUS)
LHB has an exciting opportunity in our Minneapolis Office! We are seeking an architect who shares our passions for historic preservation, design leadership, client loyalty, and sustainable design to join our team.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
* Conducting historic building condition assessments, reuse studies, and historic structures reports
* Working with clients from project inception through project closeout, including programming sessions and charrettes
* Performing code analyses on projects with a variety of construction and occupancy types.
* Directing internal and external consultant teams and coordinating their documents
* Developing and presenting design concepts and details
* Creating and coordinating construction documents using LHB standards
* Redlining specifications started from LHB standard specifications
* Performing construction administration
* Experience with Historic Preservation Projects
* Must meet the Secretary of the Interior s Professional Qualification Standards for Historical Architect
* Professional architectural degree from an accredited institution
* Licensed to practice architecture
* 5+ years experience
* Thorough and well-developed knowledge of building systems and codes
* Construction administration experience
* Understanding of sustainable design strategies
* Talent with graphic presentation
* Demonstrated experience with writing studies and reports
* Proficiency in Revit
* Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
* Licensed to practice architecture in the State of Minnesota, or willingness to obtain State of Minnesota licensure
* Knowledge and experience with sustainable design documentation, including LEED and B3
* Willingness to work on projects outside the Preservation realm as needed
* Experience with specification writing, including BSD SpecLink-E software
* Hand drawing skills
* Exceptional professional verbal communication and writing skills
* Curiosity for learning and innovation
* Business development experience
Closing Date: June 26, 2018
* R sum
* Work samples
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. We specialize in: commercial, education, healthcare, government, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has architects, interior designers, civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, landscape architects, planners, and researchers. LHB provides design services related to community planning, buildings, sites, utilities, processes, and performance metrics. We create performance-based designs utilizing guidelines including B3, ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measure success with Performance Metrics .
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled