Dredging HSE Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/12/2018
END DATE 7/14/2018
Weeks Marine Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Dredging Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) Coordinator provides full administrative support to the Dredging Division HSE Manager and to the HSE team and department in activities related to the management and implementation of Weeks Marine safety systems and company policies. This position is responsible for a broad range of strategic and tactical administrative support activities and is expected to work with limited direction, executing significant discretion and judgement in all aspects of their role. Works closely with division leadership and team members to support the company goals and align with business objectives.
Essential Job Functions
* Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments and schedules composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings
* Understand key HSE functions on the projects, providing monitoring and follow through support on action items in progress
* Organizes and maintains confidential files and records of particularly sensitive nature. Track incidents, injuries, and near misses for the Dredging Division
* Prepares reports for review on trends and recommendations
* Prepares documents for review, including Accident Prevention Plans (APP s) and other site specific/client documentation
* Maintains the Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) files, and review/incorporate changes as directed
* Maintains database of field HSE inventory and supplies. Review codes and provides approval recommendations for invoices, expenses, etc.
* Order and maintain inventory of standard safety equipment for issue
* Demonstrates leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
* Independently prepares materials needed for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc.
* Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the divisional office and the field Site Safety and Health Officers (SSHO s)
* Prepares periodic or special reports as required
* Maintain master SSHO documents (forms/policies/references/etc.) and its distribution as needed
* Tracks SSHO document submittals (daily/weekly/monthly reports, etc.) in SharePoint
* Log training records and other reports as received from field Site Safety and Health Officers (SSHO s)
* Ability to develop high level presentations, including graphs, tables and enhanced features in PowerPoint
* Updates and distributes safety topics, SDS s, safety presentations, etc.
* Maintains the HSE Department calendar of travel, training, sick and vacation leave, etc.
* Other duties as assigned
* Follows company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an Incident and Injury Free work environment
* 3+ years of administrative experience with a minimum of 1 year in a safety environment, ideally gained in a construction, dredging marine, industrial, project site or similar environment.
* Associate Degree or BA from an accredited university or equivalent in Safety Technologies, Environmental Affairs, Sciences or other Environmental-related fields Four-Year degree preferred.
* Demonstrated understanding of the relationship between operational activities and the relevant local, state, federal and various customer requirements
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to effectively address complex matters
* Organized and self-motivated, with an ability to work independently, as well as with cross-divisional teams
Required Certifications or Licenses
* Valid driver s license
* Certification in Safety related field, desirable. Para-Legal certification preferred
* Light lifting (Up to 20 lbs) as needed
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, kneel, crawl, stoop and/or sit.
* Capable of boarding vessels (tugs, barges, work skiffs, dredges) and be able to climb vertical ladders
This Job Description does not cover all of the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of Weeks Marine, Inc., with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weeks Marine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.