Absence Analyst 6/13/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-GA-Atlanta
Aon is looking for an Absence Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Aon Risk Solutions in Morristown, NJ, Minneapolis, MN or Atlanta, GA.
Your Impact as an Absence Analyst
* Participate in and assist our client teams with design and recommendations for time off, disability, leave, workers compensation and return to work policies, plans and administration.
* This individual would also be involved in leave and disability administration audits.
* Partners with the other subject matter exerts (Disability underwriters and Wellness experts, etc.) to deliver customized solutions for employers seeking assistance with time off, leaves of absence, disability and return to work programs and overall health and productivity.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals tailoring them to the target audience.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Excellent, written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, planning and organizational skills, negotiation skills, investigation and research skills.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to interpret information and think analytically to make decisions based on facts presented.
* Manage large numbers of documents
* Manage large data sets, perform analysis to retrieve the critical information (really, really strong excel skills)
* Extract information from documents to provide the basis for meaningful insights
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively; to work with multiple virtual teams aligned by clients/projects
* Ability to multi-task; supporting multiple clients/projects at various stages of completion
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 5+ years of absence management experience, preferably in leave/disability claims or employer administration arena.
* Ability to travel 25%.
* Knowledge of FMLA (federal and state), Paid Sick Leave and ADAAA regulations and disability plan designs.
* Advanced skills using Microsoft Office applications.
* Organization skills and ability to meet individual and team goals in a timely manner.
* Communication skills (written and verbal).
* Software skills (especially Excel, Microsoft Access and power point desirable.
* Benefits knowledge (2+ years experience).
* Analytic skills (quantitative and qualitative).
* Project management skills.
* Experience using online tools and resources.
* Bachelor's Degree or 5 years experience
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.