Butcher-Harvest Floor 6/13/2018
Bob Evans Farms
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Would you like to work for a well-respected producer of high quality, fresh pork products with a rich history in the meat industry* This position is responsible for converting live animals into carcasses ready for processing. Performs slaughtering and butchering task in slaughtering and meat packing establishments, using cutting tools, such as cleaver, knife saw, and "whizzard" knife to break down full-carcasses into smaller cuts of meat.
* Ability to perform in all butcher positions.
* Function with minimal assistance and supervision.
* Ability to learn processes on humane slaughter and food compliance regulations.
* Ability to learn functions in all areas such as second skin, third skin, belly trim, head drop, head bone, rib saw and whizzard knife.
* Ability to maintain company standards of efficiency as defined by the plant metrics.
* All other duties as assigned
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Prior Food Manufacturing experience preferred but not required
* High School Diploma or GED preferred
* Prior Meat cutting/butchering experience preferred but not required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand/ use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
BEF foods, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status..