This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/14/2018
END DATE 7/21/2018
Washington Real Estate Investment Trust
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
Washington REIT is a trusted, industry-leading owner and operator of real estate assets in the Washington, D.C., area. Backed by decades of experience, expertise, and ambition, we create value by transforming insights into strategy and strategy into action. Our portfolio of 49 properties includes more than 6.3 million square feet of commercial space and more than 4, 268 multifamily apartment units. Our shares trade on the NYSE and our company currently has an enterprise value of more than $3 billion. As owners, managers, and partners, we take pride in our rigor, collaboration, and commitment. Our track record of driving returns and delivering satisfaction has made us a trusted authority in one of the nation's most competitive real estate markets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Respond to and determine appropriate route for tenant phone calls.
* Respond to and determine appropriate route for vendor phone calls.
* Conduct tenant visits and document issues12 per quarter.
* Assist PM with monthly AR.
* Respond to and assist PM with tenant needs/requests (i.e. keys, security cards, parking, door signs, directory etc.).
* Monitor/receive and follow up on tenant requests or concerns using (Building Engines).
* Be available by phone to support field engineers with direction from PM. Type proposals for engineers when needed to present to tenants in order to authorize work. Compose memos and letters for engineers when needed.
* .Sort mail prepare memos. Respond to correspondence when directed to TC and approved by PM.
* Order office supplies (including staff business cards) as necessary
* Maintain filing system agreed upon between PM and TC.
* Prepare Welcome Packages for all new tenants
* Code novices for PM approval on a weekly basis.
* Prepare tenants related invoices. Send manual bills for meter reading each month. Perform utility billing and posting of tenant utility charges
* Prepare new contracts, distribute for approval, and maintain the copy files.
* Prepare documents pertaining to vendors (i.e. establishing credit). Maintain separate files for specific vendors or job files requested and agreed upon with PM.
* Maintain and update tenant contact list on a quarterly basis or as needed to keep current.
* Maintain Outlook task system for remembering routine tasks.
* Assist with the preparation incident reports. Forward to insurance company with PM's approval.
* Conduct weekly site inspections.
* Assist with building evaluation preparations on an annual basis and other inspections on an ongoing basis..
* Attend and assist in planning tenant and marketing functions.
* Order and maintain parking related supplies.
* Attend monthly parking meetings.
* Maintain parking audit information.
* Update vacancy list and distribute the credit list to all cleaning companies no later than the last day of the month.
* Update security and parking system with PM's approval (as necessary)
* Maintain communications with corporate office through weekly visits and phone calls.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Intermediate to Advanced proficiency of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Minimum of four years administrative assistant experience preferred
* Demonstrated superior organization and prioritization skills
* Ability to effectively work as a part of a team
* Must have friendly, cooperative, can-do attitude towards all co-workers and all projects
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work on a variety of tasks from multiple sources simultaneously in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work independently and pro-actively
* Accuracy and attention to detail is required in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
* Be tactful and diplomatic through verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
* A high school education or equivalent is required. A college degree is suggested but not required.
* Superior customer service skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.