New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-NY-New York
Aon is looking for an Associate
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Professional Services business group within Aon Risk Solutions in New York City.
Become member of a client service team focused on the insurance brokerage and risk advisory needs of consulting firm clients. Client service team includes two Senior Vice Presidents, two Vice Presidents, and one Associate.
Provide detailed support to the team in the administration of consulting and other professional service firm client accounts; ensure all clients needs are promptly and accurately satisfied; ensure all deadlines are met on a timely basis; ensure quality standards are maintained; and handle projects independently and creatively. Grasp/understand topics involving our specialty niche.
Your impact as an Associate
* Work as part of a client service team, in a highly collaborative, team oriented environment.
* Responsible for day-to-day servicing of complex professional liability, directors & officers liability, employment practices liability, and other insurance programs for a portfolio of consulting and other professional service firm clients.
* Proactively coordinate renewal cycle to ensure all necessary steps are completed in a timely fashion.
* Manage and review the work of up to four Technical Associates.
* Prepare and/or check insurance renewal invitation, notice letters, application requests and reviews, insurer submissions, renewal proposals, putting up the Firm Orders to various insurers, ensuring that coverage is bound prior to the effective date, and responding to client requests.
* Obtain and analyze client insurance renewal information, assemble underwriting submissions to be sent to insurers, track and assist with follow-up during negotiations with insurers, prepare client proposals, coordinate receipt of and review insurer binders and other coverage documentation.
* Confirm commission rates and help finalize account compensation.
* Confirm insurers are listed on Aon s Market Security List. Confirm insurers are FATCA compliant. Confirm if any insurer-specific advisory must be sent to the client. Confirm insurers are approved to underwrite business in the applicable client s Home State. Research applicable state/country tax requirements, including declination requirements.
* Assist in scheduling client/insurer underwriting meetings.
* Become conversant with insurance policy terms and conditions specific to the lines of insurance being serviced.
* Communicate with U.S., UK and other insurance markets as requested for quotes and renewal documentation.
* Prepare Wording Comparisons, Verifications/Certificates of Insurance, letters and reports under the direction of the team.
* Ensure all communications, both written and verbal, received from clients, insurers and other Aon offices are acknowledged promptly by working with the team.
* Coordinate activity between Aon offices to ensure smooth coordination of all client matters as well as continuity of service.
* Assist in the broking and development of terms under the direction of the team review quotes, review binders, address subjectivities, etc.
* Prepare and/or check policy documentation.
* Ensure all file, both electronic and paper, are maintained in a timely fashion.
* Assist in the development of sales documents and presentations to existing clients and prospective new clients.
* Ensure compliance with Aon processes, including, but not limited to, the Aon Client Promise.
* Conform to internal transparency and other Professional Services and Aon protocols.
* Maintain daily diary and outstanding list on all client accounts.
* Maintain detailed electronic and paper file notes.
* Prepare and/or check communication based upon master drafts where appropriate.
* Assist in claims administration as applicable.
* Undertake various duties as assigned.
* Willingness to travel as necessary.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical abilities required.
* Willingness to obtain the New York Brokers License and take additional insurance courses.
* Strong organizational skills required.
* Ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail.
* Team oriented self-starter with ability to organize, prioritize, monitor and control work flow deadlines and be flexible.
* Technically/detail oriented.
* Be energetic/have a proven sense of urgency.
* Minimum two years of insurance related experience preferred.
* Minimum two years of administrative/backend support office skill experience preferred.
* Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint intermediate to expert user level preferred.
* Bachelor s degree (BA/BS) required.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.