Information Security Analyst 6/14/2018
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
This position works with the Director of Infrastructure & Security on the architecture, design, support, implementation and preventive maintenance of the firms network and telecommunication infrastructure. This position also works with the senior network & security engineer on all security issues related to the firms network, including firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN access and web filtering.
The Information Security Analyst position will report directly to the Director of Infrastructure & Security.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage and support the dashboard review, log collection and review, security scanning, intrusion detection, content filtering and other security related systems including on premise and Microsoft o365.
2. Review and triage information security alerts and scheduled scans, provide analysis, determine and track remediation, and escalate as appropriate.
3. Identify and assess emerging Information Security trends, threats, and vulnerabilities. Evaluate these for applicability within the Firms information security strategy, program, and architecture. Recommend risk mitigations as necessary to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted via Firm systems and follow through to completion.
4. Evaluate, implement and enforce security practices across common technologies, advocating for additional controls as necessary to ensure optimal security including but not limited to Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows desktop systems, VMWare, Microsoft Windows Server, cloud-based identity management, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Multi-factor authentication, Network access control, firewalls, content filtering, wireless security, vulnerability analysis systems, intrusion detection mobile, remote access systems, and endpoint protection systems.
5. Provide technical leadership for the vulnerability management program, advanced security monitoring providing proactive detection and prevention.
6. Ensure authorized access by investigating improper access, revoking access, reporting violations, monitor information requests, and recommend improvements.
7. Review business processes, recommend and implement supportable security changes including any relevant tools to better secure those processes.
8. Actively participate in the maintenance and development of the Information Security Management System (ISMS).
9. Provides installation, maintenance, upgrades and trouble-shooting of security applications, appliances across all functional departments.
10. Active member of the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) responding to reported incidents according to the Incident Response Plan.
11. Escalate concerns of residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance, to management.
12. Performing vulnerability and risk analyses and review of existing and planned systems and execute appropriate risk mitigation measures.
13. Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems and applications, and access to all information systems is controlled, both internally and externally, commensurate with the level of potential risk; recommend appropriate corrections.
14. Drive continuous improvement through trend analysis reporting and metrics management.
15. Maintain and coordinate incident response planning, assisting in execution of the incident response plan as needed.
16. Performs other related duties as required by the firm
Position Specific Skills and Requirements
1. Strong knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information security landscape.
2. Ability to research, develop, and keep abreast of tools, techniques, and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis in accordance with current and emerging threat and attack vectors.
3. Strong knowledge of Incident Analysis and Response concepts and techniques, including incident tracking process, root cause, lessons learned and process improvements.
4. Deep understanding of network devices and architecture, TCP/IP, network protocols, server operating systems, vulnerability scanning, endpoint protection, intrusion detection, firewalls, and content filtering..
5. Strong understanding of internal control concepts and policies with focus on improving process/procedure manuals and documentation.
6. Knowledge of MFA, PKI, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, IDS/IPS, KiWi, SolarWinds, Nessus, Windows, Linux/Unix, Vmware, IDS/IP, forensic discovery, Certificate Authority (CA), PKI, Kerberos, SSL, HTTPS, LDAP, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, NTFS, SharePoint, Remote Access, Citrix, VDI, ACLs, etc.
7. Experience with various social engineering, and penetration testing approaches/tools for vulnerability identification, enumeration, and purposeful exploitation to determine security posture of a network, system, or application's security configuration
8. Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material and information with suitable discretion
9. Ability to take on additional tasks as defined by the Director of Infrastructure & Security, including taking part in the on call rotation.
10. Excellent communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Hughes Hubbard & Reed takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Child Care
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance