Senior Manager, Benefits
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/15/2018
END DATE 7/14/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Family US-IL-Lincolnshire
Aon Is Looking For A Senior Manager, Benefits
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our HR Total Reward team in Chicago, IL.
Your Impact As A Senior Manager, Benefits
The Senior Benefits Manager role is a member of the benefits team in Total Rewards and will report to the Senior Benefits Director. The benefits team mainly supports U.S. benefit plans but also has responsibilities for global benefits initiatives, gathering benefit plan data from the various countries, and special projects such as mergers and acquisitions. A strong benefits professional with experience working on M&A projects or interested in learning M&A is highly desired.
* Lead the merger, acquisition, and divestiture projects for the benefits team that includes determining integration strategy, ensuring compliance and successful execution of projects
* Lead the broader HR integration work activities globally ensuring successful execution of HR integration; partnering with corporate development/business teams and HR stakeholders
* Lead or be a part of the global HR mergers and acquisition committee, create a governance model, leverage stakeholders to keep the broader HR templates current
* Will eventually serve as a subject matter expert in benefits and M&A across several business areas within the firm
* Manage and support the execution of new and ongoing projects and deliverables while being an active hands-on participant in the process
* Lead team efforts in developing solutions to difficult or complex situations to ensure goals and objectives are met, including delivering results on time and within budget
* Ability to facilitate in-person onboarding sessions and meetings with senior leadership for newly acquired groups
Knowledge & Experience:
* Minimum of 8+ years of U.S. benefits experience
* Working knowledge of U.S. health and welfare administration and retirement (401k) benefits; global experience helpful
* Working knowledge of ERISA and benefits-related laws and regulations
* Proven ability to resolve complex benefits issues and successful integrations
* Strong influencing skills in a highly networked organization
* Strong customer service orientation with proven excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Team player and desire to work in a collaborative environment with a variety of stakeholders
* Agile learner able to adapt quickly to change
* Strong attention to detail and self-directed to ensure data integrity and accuracy at all times
* Working knowledge of financials, budgets/accruals of benefit plans
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to present effectively to senior management
* Well organized and delivery-driven with good completion skills
* Ability to quickly identify problems, opportunities, and alternative courses of action
* Ability to consult on application of policy and process as well as trends, themes, and solutions
* Ability to travel when required
Education & Certification:
* Bachelor s degree in a business-related field, MS/MBA preferred; Certified Employee Benefits Specialist designation a plus
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.