Actuary Consulting for Property & Casualty 6/15/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for a Consulting Actuary - Property and Casualty
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Property and Casualty Global business group within Aon in our Chicago office.
Your impact as an Analyst
* Become advanced user of Excel
* Builds and maintains templates
* Develop familiarity with creating PowerPoint presentations
* Develop understanding of insurance terminology
* Types of reinsurance products, and how they work and their purpose
* Types of terms and conditions, and how they impact the product
* Works effectively with client team members and colleagues; supports and encourages collaboration within the unit or with other Aon resources.
* Effectively participates in successful execution of at least one strategic initiative during the year and actively contributes ideas toward developing the strategic vision of the practice.
* Supports a culture of innovation and thought leadership, personally contributes to innovation or thought leadership efforts.
* Acts with integrity always and works every day in a way that positively impacts our clients, colleagues and communities.
* Build actuarial models when data is limited.
* Maintain effective day to day relationships with Aon team/client contacts.
* Identify and build relationships with Aon Relationship Managers and prospects, securing strategic proposal opportunities for actuarial and related risk management consulting.
* Work interdependently with Aon Risk Services and other Aon companies to develop cross-sale opportunities.
* Minimum of 5+ years relevant work experience.
* Strong knowledge of technology tools for actuarial analysis, technology applications and data utilization for actuarial functions
* Excellent knowledge of actuarial methodologies and principles.
* Pursuing your Associate or Fellowship, ACSA or FCSA.
* Degree required in the field of Actuarial Science, Math, Finance or other business degrees.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.