Senior Technology Support Analyst 6/15/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for a Senior Technology Support Analyst Systems Analyst/Administrator
As part of this role, you will support the applications in our Risk portfolio. This includes the Risk, Compliance, Internal Audit and Legal business areas. You will be a member of Risk Technology team within Global Security Services. This position will be located in our Lincolnshire, IL office. Once established, a portion of the week can be from home.
Your impact as a Senior Technology Support Analyst
* Troubleshoots system issues and incidents of medium to high complexity.
* Diagnoses and resolves complex application and hardware incident tickets within established SLAs.
* Leads scheduling and testing of server and application patching
* Provides governance of all tickets associated with defined scope including production of relevant reports.
* Lead in resolving incidents and performing routine operating activities.
* Identifies trends based on past issues and incidents and leads initiatives to address those trends.
* Evaluates and executes platform level changes.
* Demonstrates broad expertise across software and infrastructure components and continues expanding on that expertise.
* Independently drives process improvement projects that support the team and group objectives.
* Participates in project execution.
* Work with other application and infrastructure teams when integration issues occur
You bring knowledge and expertise
* 3+ years of application and infrastructure support.
* Solid understanding of the full SDLC
* Thorough understanding of Windows and Linux server setup and configuration
* Solid understanding/experience with SQL Server and other relational databases
* General understanding of network, firewall and system communication topics
* Previous experience supporting technical systems
* Experience in ITIL concepts, processes, and tools.
* Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently to solve complex technical issues
* Must be able to commute to Chicago for special project assignments 10%.
* Must be able to work occasional late or weekend hours
* Archer Administration experience a plus.
* Agile experience is preferred.
* Experienced working in a large, global environment is preferred.
* Consulting background a plus.
* Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline is required.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.