Medical Billing & Collections Specialist 6/15/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
If you are a process orientated thinker and enjoy the challenge of successful and timely claim resolution while managing multiple invoices, then the Medical Billing & Collections Specialist role is right for you. This role has a significant impact on the business by performing insurance collections for Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial Insurance accounts. This position is located in the Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role, you will review and follow-up claim denials and non-payment of claims, file paper claims with correct documentation, and recommend write off adjustments of claims. You will utilize your knowledge of medical billing to maintain and process 40-50 invoices on a regular basis in accordance with Cochlear's policies and procedures. You will work collaboratively with the Billing Services team and other cross functional teams, to ensure comprehensive follow-up and maintenance of all open claims balances.
In this regular, full-time role, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives. Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-brand cochlear implant system than any other.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 2-3 years medical billing/collections experience and working knowledge of medical collections process, guidelines, and federal regulations
* Proficient computer skills (preferably in Microsoft Office) and experience utilizing common office resources (phone, fax, copier, and email)
* Working knowledge of basic A/R principles, familiarity in working with health insurance plans, Medicare, Medicaid and Explanations of Benefits (EOB s)
* Ability to work within deadlines, meet goals, and work independently with minimal supervision
* Excellent communication skills, time management, and decision making skills
* Durable Medical Equipment (DME) background
* Familiarity with Brightree and Oracle is a plus
Working at Cochlear Americas:
* Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
* Diverse culture
* Highly collaborative team environment
* Opportunities for growth and development
* Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
* State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, dry cleaning services and more)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
* The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
* The Organization A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
* The Opportunity To make a difference to the quality of people s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.