Journeyman Marine Engineer (Mechanical) 6/15/2018
DDL Omni Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
JOURNEYMAN MARINE ENGINEER (MECHANICAL)
Job Locations US-DC
# of Openings
DDL OMNI s Simulation and Services Division, in support of the United States Coast Guard (USCG) Ship Design Team (SDT) and Surface Forces Logistics Engineering Services Division (SFLC-ESD) has a career opportunity for a Journeyman Marine Engineer (Mechanical). The candidate will provide engineering and technical support in studying, analyzing, and evaluating engineering problems and developing technical solutions.
Specific Functional Area Duties include:
* Assist with Senior Mechanical Engineer in design, development, and evaluation of the operation of marine vessels, ship machinery, and related equipment, such as power supply and propulsion systems.
* Team member in supporting the US Coast Guard reviewing third party design modifications and improvements to mechanical systems and components.
* Assist with performing design reviews, evaluating constructability, helping resolve technical issues, and managing information generated through the design and construction phases of multiple and concurrent projects.
* Assist with marine engineering analysis as they relate to vessels.
* Assist with team to create graphical representations of structures.
* Assist with team to inspect equipment or systems.
* Assist in research of advanced engineering designs or applications.
* Assist with preparing technical reports for internal use.
All jobs at DDL Omni Engineering Client s Talent Network
Qualified candidates must be eligible to obtain and mantain a secret security clearance which requires US citizenship.
Education Required: A Bachelor's Diploma/Degree in Engineering or PE License; five (5) years of relevant experience or PE in relevant field plus three (3) years of relevant experience; or HS Diploma plus thirteen (13) years of relevant experience.
Experience and Skills Required:
* Two (2) years of progressive experience in one of the following marine fields: Piping and Pressure Vessels; Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration; Hydraulics and Weight Handling Equipment; Propulsion Systems; Auxiliary Systems; or Ship Support Systems.
* Two (2) years experience with weight handling and crane equipment.
* Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point and MS Outlook other software/tools.
Special Remarks: If you feel that your qualifications meet our requirements, please proceed with this application by clicking "Apply Online" below. DDL OMNI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks and benefits. DDL OMNI Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
DDL OMNI Engineering LLC is a leading engineering and technical services company that has an ISO 9001:2015 registered Quality Management System. We provide systems and structural engineering, information technology, planning and training, wargaming, integrated logistics support and test and evaluation services to a wide variety of government and commercial clients. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with offices throughout the U.S., we are dedicated to providing superior quality through continual improvement of our products and ensuring customer satisfaction by incorporating our knowledge and application of technologies to meet their specific needs anytime-anywhere.