Quotations Specialist 6/15/2018
Granite City Electric Supply Co.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Quotations Specialist
As a member of the GCE Commercial Lighting team you will be responsible for generating and maintaining profitable sales by providing customer service excellence, value-added service and solutions to our new and existing customer base; focus on large project business selling/negotiating light fixture packages.
* Prepare accurate, on-time, competitive quotations to commercial contractor account base.
* Work with account base to grow incrementally as well as develop new accounts.
* Cultivate & sustain vendor relationships.
* Monitor and confer with outside sales and management concerning customer status, history, changes, potential, quotations, strategies, and other related pertinent sales information.
* Receive and process in a timely fashion all customer pricing inquiries, purchase orders, price increases, and other sales related functions.
* Ensure value-add service from evaluation of existing blueprint to recommendation of lighting solutions based on design specs. Negotiate best possible cost from vendors.
* Maximize sales and profitability by knowing the marketplace and competition, negotiating the lowest possible cost from our vendors, and extracting the highest possible competitive selling price.
* Work with project management team at time of project turnover, and as needed throughout project, to ensure excellent, timely service to customer.
* Actively participate in all job related training classes, informational seminars, business meetings, etc. that will enhance GCE s position in the marketplace.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience, EPEC certifications a plus.
* Experience in large job quotations preferred.
* Minimum 3 years electrical sales experience.
* Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any of the above.
* Embrace GCE core values; Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Respect and apply to each business interaction; internal and external.
* Knowledge of GCE systems and product knowledge essential.
* Effective negotiation and selling technique such as ability to cross-sell/upsell, manage accounts and customer relations.
* Strong written and verbal communication and computer skills. Must be self directed, organized, and able to prioritize.
* Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Excel, Word, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Adobe.
* Adaptability / flexibility / willing to change & adjust with business conditions.
* Coachable & actively participates in coaching process.
* Team player, Multi-tasker.
* Works with a sense of urgency.