Commercial Mortgage Underwriter - Apex 6/19/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location US-PA-Horsham
In this position, you will perform skilled evaluation of incoming loan applications, develop an appropriate structure for the deal and submit recommended deals to management for approval. Provide team assistance as the file progresses from submission to closing.
* Review application submissions.
* Contact broker and /or applicant to frame-out loan structure.
* Underwrite files. To set general terms and review with team and/or submitting broker.
* Present preliminary recommendations for loan amount, interest rate, LTV, structure, etc.
* Communicate with brokers with updates of pending files and approvals
* Collect information such as credit reports, financial information, collateral information , etc. to make final loan recommendation.
* Review files information with management to present for final approval of terms.
* Support originations team in collecting data, update loan files, review new information and make recommendations as needed throughout loan process.
* Provide existing borrowers with refinance scenarios when requested.
KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Excellent work ethic, including accountability, sense of urgency, and ability to problem solve.
Attention to detail a must.
* Strong communication skills (verbal, written)
* A minimum of 2 years of Underwriting experience
* Proficiency in the analysis of credit reports and personal financial statements to determine risk factors.
* Experience within the mortgage and/or financing industry.