Senior Technical Writer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/19/2018
END DATE 7/11/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONFounded in 1980, Seattle-based Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Arc Teryx.
For more than 30 years, Precor has been inspiring people to live a life in motion. Precor s world headquarters is located in Woodinville, WA with additional domestic operations in Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor is the #1 supplier of fitness equipment to many of the world s biggest fitness chains, including 24 Hour Fitness, Gold s Gym, Anytime Fitness, and YMCA. Precor is also a preferred fitness equipment supplier to Hilton Hotels worldwide.
With a mission to be the standard of excellence in the fitness industry, Precor manufactures and sells high-end fitness equipment for the home and commercial environment.
* Cardio Equipment (e.g. Ellipticals (EFX), Treadmills, Adaptive Motion Trainers (AMT), Bikes)
* Strength Training Systems
* Fitness Entertainment Products (e.g. Personal Viewing Screens (PVS), Audio Transmitters/Receivers)
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
* Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
* Rewards and recognition for superior performance
* Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
* Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people s lives
* Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
* Superior employee discounts on Precor and other Amer Sports Corporation brand products
The Senior Technical Writer contributes to the technical user documentation for the company s health fitness products. This product support position requires multi-tasking skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-changing environment.
The Senior Technical Writer helps write, edit, and lay out user guides, assembly guides, instructional product labels, and occasional addendums. This position requires effective research and writing skills, as well as the ability to work independently with moderate supervision. In addition, the Senior Technical Writer must be comfortable asserting themselves when at-risk projects affect documentation deliverable dates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential Job Function
Information architecture for both printed and web-based Getting Started , installation guides, and maintenance guides along with safety regulatory warranty documents.
Documentation lead on new product launches and tactical projects.
* Writing technically-accurate content which conforms to the company's writing style guidelines
Work with designers, engineers, and product managers to communicate information in graphical formats.
Revise and edit existing documentation.
Contribute to the maintenance, updates, and enforcement of the company s writing style standards and content design.
Work with the Localization Coordinator to localize and translate product guides and labels.
Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job, will be considered. Education:
* Bachelor s degree in English or communication with a focus in technical communications
Experience and Skills:
* Customer Focus Solicits and incorporates feedback into documentation projects for continuous improvement. Strives for quality and excellence. * Accountability Takes a no-excuses approach to making things happen. Takes responsibility for own actions and results in a See it. Own it. Do it. fashion. * Teamwork Actively assists to move the team toward the completion of agreed-upon goals. * Communication Skills Effectively expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form. * Collaboration Establishes collaborative relationships with others, especially subject matter experts, to achieve objectives. * Process Improvement Able to create or adjust a process that will benefit the organization with the ability to gain buy in from multiple stakeholders.
Normal office conditions, with potential to work remotely occasionally. Regularly working in office and manufacturing environments to accomplish stated work objectives.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Light physical effort in an office environment. Some lifting of parts / products may be required in the manufacturing areas.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Light physical effort in an office environment * Moderate computer use / data entry * Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the employee. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Precor is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.