Lead Design Strategist 6/19/2018
Windsor Mill, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tantus Technologies, Inc. (Tantus) is seeking a talented, self-directed, and ambitious lead design strategist who wants to transform enterprise government health services. You will work with our government clients on their initiatives to modernize CMS services and products used by healthcare providers and other healthcare-affiliated users. You will lead the enterprise human-centered design efforts for an innovative division within the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. Personas range from floor nurses, to statisticians, to data entry clerks. Your work will affect the lives of millions of Americans treated under Medicare.
You will use your experience developing, unifying, and communicating service concepts across lines of business and platforms on client-facing projects for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. You will:
* Function as primary consultant to the human-centered design lead with the Centers for Clinical Standards and Quality
* Lead a small team of design strategists
* Collaborate with stakeholders and end users to guide the creation of journey maps to identify areas of improvement
* Identify opportunities to collaborate with other designers throughout CMS, and collaborate with stakeholders to unify cross-division design efforts
* Devise ways of measuring the user experience, and measure it to identify cost savings and burden reduction
* Conduct user research across siloed lines of business and comprehend and communicate user needs to stakeholders and implementation partners
* Assess and synthesize existing user research within lines of business
* Work with clients to define the scope of work and work with program managers to respond to changing priorities
* Apply a mix of left- and right-brain thinking to produce high-quality deliverables such as journey maps, research plans, personas, service blueprints, and prototypes.
* Create design guardrails where few exist by assessing existing siloed design systems, assessing the need for a unifying design system, and developing the new design system
* Create and facilitate design communities of practice within the client agency and among contractors
* Identify business stakeholders and lead design-related meetings and workshops
* 5+ years of experience with user experience, service design, design thinking, design research, or customer experience
* 5+ years of experience working with digital products, including web, native apps, mobile, and prototyping tools
* 1+ year supervisory experience
* 1+ year of Agile software development experience
* Experience with client negotiation and setting expectations against constraints
* BA or BS degree
Tantus is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.