Manufacturing Supervisor 6/20/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Agfa Graphics is a leading supplier to the printing industry. All over the world, we supply sign & display companies with a range of highly productive and versatile wide-format inkjet printers and dedicated inks, in addition to workflow automation software. We also serve various industries by deploying our state-of-the-art inkjet inks in printing solutions that are integrated into existing manufacturing processes.
Commercial, newspaper and packaging printers count on us for the most extensive range of prepress solutions, including hardware, software and consumables. These include a.o. user-friendly chemistry-free printing technology which saves costs and the environment, as well as mobile publishing software for newspapers and magazines.
As the Manufacturing Supervisor, you will oversees training, and assigns work to a group of employees in a high technology continuous manufacturing environment to insure production schedules are met in a timely fashion while maintaining product quality and employee safety. Responsible for adherence to quality standards, yields, and labor efficiency standards. First line reaction to matters of Safety, Health and Environment. Actively involved in recommending improvements to processes/products and work methods, and expected to participate in production improvement projects as required. Responsible for employee training, performance management & improvement. Responsible for the proper maintenance of tools and equipment and the housekeeping the department/area.
Responsibilities, but not limited to the following:
Oversee the daily line production and first response to issues with respect to the following areas (Quality, SHE, Cost, Supply & People)
* Manage the performance of the employees on the shift (feedback, development, recognition, and training
* Lead or participate and identify improvement projects
* Reporting [documentation ]
* Coordinate production with other functions, scheduling, maintenance & engineering and converting
* Ensure proper maintenance of area, tools and equipment, first response to technical issues (Total Productive Maintenance)
* Oversee the daily line production and first response to issues with respect to the following areas Quality, Safety, Health, Environment (SHE), Cost, Supply & People
This position needs to make decisions on a line that is producing at a value of $10,000/hour which:
* Quality: The line production is the key contributor of the product quality and the product quality is a key differentiator in the market. The efficiency and yields of the process is a key contributor to the success of the NAFTA Graphics Group
* Safety, Health, Environment (SHE): There are a number of SHE concerns at the line [automated equipment, flammable solvents, acids/caustics…]
* Supply: The line is a key part of the NAFTA supply chain
* Cost: The quality of the line production has significant impact upon the business
* BS degree in mechanical, chemical or electrical engineering or equivalent related working experiences
* Minimum 2 years' experience with complex manufacturing systems in Supervisory role assets
* Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn and apply technical aspects of the production process, experience with complex electrical, mechanical and chemical processes
* Strong leadership skills to drive continuous improvement, manage processes and implement new concepts
* Excellent skills in planning/organizing and time management.
* Strong interpersonal skills needed to interact and coach a diverse group of people
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
Agfa Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Agfa is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail AccessAgfaJobs@agfa.com or call: 201-373-4010. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.