Global Benefits Consultant 6/20/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-NY-New York
Aon is looking for a Global Benefits Consultant (New York City, Chicago or Lincolnshire, IL)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting the Global Brokerage Coordination Center of Excellence (CoE) within Aon s Global Benefits Practice in any of Aon s larger offices in the United States, although Chicago or Lincolnshire is preferred.
Your impact as a Global Benefits Consultant
Multinational companies face constant challenges as they globalize and expand their diverse and international workforce, including: corporate governance, need for operational and cost efficiency/improved margins, increase complexity of managing employee benefits and compensation globally in a consistent manner, and balancing central control of employee benefit programs with ensuring that benefit packages are appropriate in each locale. Aon is helping multinational companies meet these challenges through numerous services.
We are a very cohesive team of subject matter experts from a variety of disciplines and experience, offering a strong foundation for the excellent consultative services that we provide to our clients.
The Consultant role is a great career opportunity that offers direct exposure to some of Aon s largest multinational clients and biggest global brands. This role helps our clients manage their multi-million dollar global benefits budget, make optimal financing decisions and execute on the client s preferred governance model.
* Coordinate with colleagues around the world to understand project progress and to ensure that deliverables are met.
* Participate in regular ongoing client briefing calls to describe project progress and discuss critical issues.
* Prepare reporting and materials for global benefits projects.
* Review information provided by global colleagues for consistency and reasonability.
* Make edits, ensure proper use of English and summarize results in high quality deliverables for presentation to clients.
* Conduct meetings and take notes, monitor and execute deliverables and accountabilities based on project scope and statement of work.
* Partner as appropriate with other team members to finalize projects and monitor time spend and project budget.
* Make analytical conclusions/recommendations for work conducted.
* Identify additional potential work and any out of scope services requested by clients.
* Support senior members of the group in developing business opportunities through the introduction of additional services for existing clients.
* Resolve client issues at appropriate levels and inform relationship manager and other team members of pertinent issues.
* Manage projects and drive timely delivery of work products within a highly decentralized global structure.
* Work with Bangalore (India) based support team to ensure efficient delivery of client materials and other deliverables.
* Support client projects with limited direction through completion and within established time frames and financial parameters to attain overall client deliverables.
* Attend client meetings and present results as an integral part of a collaborative client service team.
* Review less experienced staff members work product for reasonableness and accuracy to validate data and results.
* Assist with development and informal supervision of more junior staff by ensuring that client deliverables are met.
* Assist in development and maintenance of tools and templates required for efficient work delivery.
* Assist in preparation of thought leadership materials to bring new concepts and ideas to clients.
* Participate in training opportunities to remain current with the regulatory environment.
* Develop necessary skill set to discuss technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
* Additional opportunities to participate on special project teams may also be identified as part of a more personalized career development plan.
Driving Execution and Results. Support client team while ensuring Aon Hewitt s goals and strategies are met. Commitment to distinctive client service is what differentiates Aon Hewitt from our competitors.
Client Value. Possess highly effective communication skills in dealing with all organizational levels, internally and externally.
Unmatched Teams. Accountable to continuous learning and remaining well-informed of related industry trends and the regulatory landscape.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 2-3 years or more of direct experience in an HR consulting firm or professional services firm preferred. In addition, international or non-US benefits consulting experience is strongly desired. We also value demonstrated consultative skills to effectively work in a cohesive team environment as well as the ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external parties.
* Strong project management and strong analytical ability.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
* Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects in as fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.
* Working knowledge of employee benefits.
* Demonstrated interest in the global environment, other cultures and languages
* Bachelor s degree (mathematics, finance, economics or other degrees where quantitative skills are required is preferred).
* Project management certification is an advantage.
* Foreign language skills and work experience in a foreign country are an advantage
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.