Project Risk Manager 6/21/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-AZ-Phoenix
Aon is looking for a Project Risk Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our Energy Group. This position will be based in the Freeport-McMoRan Inc.office in Phoenix, AZ. Travel to various active project sites will be required. At times, this travel may be extensive and will include international travel.
Your impact as a Project Risk Manager
Establish and maintain a capital project risk-informed decision-making framework and process; and further integrate risk into the strategy, goals, financial planning activities, and decision-making processes on major capital projects. The successful candidate will help the company to assess and analyze a wide range of risks and their impacts to projects, utilizing a structured and systematic risk management framework through regular interactions with subject matter experts and senior leaders throughout the company. This role provides a broad exposure to activities and initiatives throughout the company. The ideal candidate is a risk subject matter expert with recognized experience in project risk management. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge of the mining industry and operations have strong project management and client skills and excellent business judgment.
* Participate in the implementation of the organization's strategic guidance on risk mitigation programs across project life cycle.
* Establish risk management protocol for capital projects, which includes identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking of potential risks on the project. In addition determine potential cost and schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified
* Coordinate with corporate Risk Management to ensure continuity of risk mitigation strategies and insurance program structure
* Participate in HAZOP, HAZID, and other project related risk assessments.
* Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction to develop risk mitigation strategies.
* Establish and manage risk register, review and update to ensure accuracy and alignment with the overall master schedule.
* Support root cause analysis efforts to ensure that whenever possible, the underlying cause of any significant project loss is understood. Work with the Project team to disseminate the results of the analysis to all areas of the company where this information could be used to reduce risk in the future.
* Stay abreast of ERM best practices from professional literature, professional associations or other sources and recommending specific steps to reduce risk.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Leadership ability and strong management skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook and industry standard risk management software tools
* Strong communication skills both verbal and written
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
* Construction experience with an ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a construction environment
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related fields and twelve (12) years of combined experience in risk management, quantitative analysis, business, finance, loss prevention, or project/program management, with at least six (6) years of experience in a leadership role
Master's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related fields and ten (10) years of combined experience in risk management, quantitative analysis, business, finance, loss prevention, or project/program management, with at least five (5) years of experience in a leadership role
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.