Marketing and Business Development Manager 6/21/2018
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
Washington , DC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary:
The Marketing & Business Development Manager works closely with the Director of Marketing & Business Development, the Chief Marketing & Business Development Officer, and all members of the MBD department and practice group leaders to build the profile of the firm and its practice groups. The Manager is responsible for identifying, developing and implementing effective marketing and business development strategies for assigned practice groups.
Reports to the Director of Marketing & Business Development
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Proactively identify, develop and implement effective marketing and business development strategies for assigned practice groups.
2. Create relevant key messages and general marketing materials; including the development of new practice profile descriptions and matter lists.
3. Manage RFP process in its entirety. Work with stakeholders to create key messaging points, draft responses, and presentations.
4. Draft content for marketing collateral materials, including the firms internal website, external website, and ensure all relevant practice materials remain current.
5. Working in conjunction with Marketing Communications Manager, manage survey/league table submissions for practice areas as assigned.
6. Introduce and assist in training MBD members and practice groups in related MBD technology as necessary.
7. Identify and recommend new products and processes to assist in business development efforts.
8. Conduct industry research and develop knowledge about the firms referral sources, clients and industries.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Specific Skills and Requirements:
1. Demonstrated ability to proactively identify relevant business development opportunities
2. Demonstrated strength in interacting with practice group leaders
3. Strong knowledge of and interest in regulatory, compliance, and arbitration practice areas
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills
5. Ability to delegate work and manage staff
6. Strong organizational skills
7. Ability to multi-task and prioritize
8. Strict attention to detail and ability to see projects through to completion
9. Superior analytical and research skills
10. Skilled in conduction research, analyzing data and providing recommendations
11. Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
12. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Education and General Requirements:
1. Bachelors degree
2. 5-10 years professional experience in marketing and/or business development, preferably in a professional services environment.
3. Proficiency in French is a plus.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance