McLagan Senior Analyst Banking / Capital Markets Reward 6/22/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-CT-Stamford
Aon is looking for a Senior Analyst Banking / Capital Markets Reward
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our McLagan business group within Aon Hewitt s Talent, Rewards and Performance (TRP) team. This position offers an opportunity to work as a Senior Analyst within the Banking / Capital Markets team in our Stamford, CT office.
McLagan is the financial services industry's leading global compensation consulting firm. Our clients include virtually every leading global financial services firm, including hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity firms, investment management organizations, commercial and retail banks, securities firms and public plan sponsors. Our business model is based on creating and expanding long-term partnerships with our clients. Many of our key client relationships extend back to McLagan s inception in 1966. More information about McLagan is available at http://www.mclagan.com/.
Overview of Role:
The Senior Analyst will be part of a highly productive team of industry experts. In our team-based work environment, the Senior Analyst will play a vital role in delivering data-enabled solutions to our clients. Analysts are provided extensive exposure to senior leaders within McLagan and at our clients.
Over time and based on each individuals abilities and interests, employees will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of assignments/experiences including: pay benchmarking, incentive plan design, industry research, marketing and business development, questionnaire design, internal and client training, report writing, domestic and international travel, and public speaking opportunities.
This Senior Analyst role has a range of responsibilities including:
* Product Manager: Manage a segment of the core compensation benchmarking program. Primary focus on collecting client information and ensuring data accuracy and quality as well as product development and new client solicitation.
* Analysis: Analyze large amounts of data to drive findings and insights in client engagements.
* Relationship Manager: Serve on client teams as a relationship manager. Correspond with clients and deliver data-enabled solutions.
* Consulting: Prepare consulting presentations and analyses (under direction) geared toward delivering insights to clients on their strategic performance and compensation objectives. Research existing and emerging trends in client businesses.
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
* 2-4 years of relevant experience as an HR compensation professional or business partner, human capital consultant, or financial analyst program graduate. Experience in financial services is desirable. An interest in compensation consulting and financial services is essential.
* Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (chart/graph creation, lookups, array formulae, nested ifs, pivot tables, etc.) and MS PowerPoint (creating smart and professional presentations with commentary) is required.
* Successful candidates will be self-starters with the ability to learn and work independently and as part of a team on several projects.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills. Attentive note-taker. Fast learner.
* Strong analytical skills. Creative innovation and proactive problem-solving skills.
* Careful attention to detail.
* Self-confidence and humility.
* Ability to manage multiple time sensitive tasks and aptitude to manage up .
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.