National Sales Leader, Transportation and Logistics Practice 6/24/2018
Little Rock, AR
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-AR-Little Rock
Aon is looking for a National Sales Leader, Transportation and Logistics
Aon s Transportation and Logistics Practice has developed a range of coverage and service solutions designed to address the specific challenges of today s road transportation Industry. We are the leading provider of brokerage services to the nation s road transportation industry. Our centralized, national Transportation and Logistics Practice is dedicated solely to improving client programs and cost of risk for motor carriers and additional commercial transportation companies. Aon s Transportation and Logistics Practice specializes in all major segments of the road transportation industry, including niches such as last-mile delivery, courier and livery service fleets.
The National Sales Leader, Transportation and Logistics will be responsible for achieving new business sales budget associated with the Transportation and Logistics practice. This leader will work with Producers across the United States to set and execute a comprehensive sales strategy.
This position may be located in Little Rock, AR; Dallas, TX; or another Midwest or East Coast location.
Key responsibilities and scope:
* Works closely with Region and Practice Leaders to identify growth opportunities and develop plans to execute.
* Utilizes the entire Aon network to develop and execute a comprehensive Transportation and Logistics sales plan across U.S.
* Provides strategic insight into sales performance and develops strategies and plans that support alternative opportunities to grow.
* Drives sales process in regions and local offices to grow the Transportation and Logistics practice.
* Supports and marshals appropriate Aon resources to support sales efforts.
* Leads and motivates the Transportation and Logistics team of brokers, AEs, and sales people (a combination of direct reports and regional resources) to drive specific regional and national sales and retention plan.
* Aligns and partnesr with brokerage, sales, account executives as well as regional leadership to bring the Transportation and Logistics value proposition to relevant clients.
* Supports regional leadership with client- and prospect-facing meetings in each region where Transportation and Logistics has been designated as a growth segment.
* Develops and maintains strong market relationships to address client issues which may arise.
* Creates industry insights and provides thought leadership based on Aon data, client feedback, insurance carrier input, etc.
* Meets with Transportation and Logistics clients, prospects and markets to understand current macro risk trends and develop innovative solutions to address emerging risks.
* Partners with marketing to promote the Aon brand as a leading advisor to the Transportation and Logistics industry.
* Studies data (both internal and external) that will help develop customer insights that are unique and useful to meeting their needs.
* Minimum of 10 years experience in Transportation and Logistics risk management and insurance
* Sales Leadership and Marketing experience
* Knowledge of and experience in building teams and working with both product and geography leadership to maximize results
* Team player (track record of working as part of and motivating a team)
* Strong understanding of key products in the Transportation and Logistics market vertical.
* Ability to discuss high level traditional and enterprise risk issues with senior leadership at clients, prospects, and markets
* Strong understanding of macro risk trends as well as governance and compliance issues
* Solid collaboration skills
Strong negotiation skills * Proven ability to use influence to drive a set of actions and behaviors
* Exceptional oral presentation skills and ability to clearly articulate complex messages in written form
* Track record of personally initiating complex sales
* Consistent achievement of assigned territorial or practice business goals
* Active involvement in the development and maintenance of a productive sales and marketing culture
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent, with Sales, Risk, and/or Insurance Management preferred
* MBA and other advanced degree preferred. CPCU also is preferred
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.