Senior Director Field Marketing 6/26/2018
Hitachi Data Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Company
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers data to meaningful customer outcomes.
This position is responsible for all awareness and demand generation marketing efforts for all Hitachi Vantara offerings in targeted acquisition, development (growth) and retention accounts, supporting direct and indirect sales organizations in the Americas. It will manage a team of ~17 people, including the annual operating budget and sponsorship strategy. This person will develop the integrated marketing plan for the Americas region in partnership with sales management aligned to strategic sales priorities. Aligns closely with sales team leadership to ensure strong lead generation for the field and appropriate engagement and follow-through on leads
* Strategic and operational leadership including development and execution of the Americas annual marketing plan, contributions to the Americas Sales leadership team as well as the Global Marketing team with best practices and intelligence
* Measurable contributions to awareness and pipeline development through innovative and cost effective programs developed in collaboration with key stakeholders at corporate and in the field
* Leadership of a distributed marketing team and ensure development and retention of key talent, skills build-out and proactive top grading of available resource pool
* Collaboration with other supporting teams across Marketing Ops, Customer Experience, Digital Marketing, Account Based Marketing, Partner Marketing and PR/AR
* Effective leverage of existing budgets and ability to increment these resources through co-funding strategies in collaboration with stakeholders and alliances
* Appropriate balance of strategic planning skills, coupled with strong execution, people and marketing management experience in support of all Go-To-Market paths
* Minimum 15 years relevant leadership experience in similar role
* Proven innovative Field Marketing experience, including indirect channels
* Seasoned planning and execution skills in partnership with sales, particularly senior executive sales leadership
* Great collaborator, mature with organizational sensitivity, strong ability to influence without direct authority
* Ability to infuse Field Marketing team with best practices, refresh of approach and tactics
* Good quantitative and analytical insights, e.g. segmentation, propensity analyses, marketing plans, etc.
* Proven ability to manage for performance, find new talent where needed
* Strong work ethic, including travel Hitachi Vantara is very distributed and this is a multinational role
* Demonstrable working knowledge of marketing automation tools and ability to leverage for campaign and lead management
* International experience, multilingual a plus
* Vertical industry and/or IT services marketing experience
* College degree minimum, MBA or comparable degree desirable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.