Pipeline Technician 6/26/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Functions:
* Performs duties related to general pipeline construction and maintenance such as, but not limited to digging ditches, clearing right-of-way, coating pipe, building and repairing fences.
* Work also involves running scrapers, operating small portable pumps and repairing pipeline leaks. This position also installs right-of-way signs and markers and provides inspection of contract employees performing maintenance activities.
* Does general maintenance of station grounds such as mowing, trimming, and cutting weeds. Loads and unloads heavy materials related to pipeline equipment.
* Operates Company vehicles up to 10,000 GVW such as trucks and tractors. Also uses pipe saws, hot-tap machines etc. as directed. Cleans office and shop facilities.
* Interfaces with land owners, reads maps, locates lines and performs one calls.
* Responsible for helping maintain safe and healthful working conditions by exercising sound judgment and complying with safety regulations and standards.
* Performs relief gauging and tank inspection requiring working at heights up to 50 feet above ground level.
* As directed, relieves in all higher-rated hourly classifications where qualified normally within that respective work area. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum 5 year service as a Pipeline Technician position or five years relevant industry experience.
* Must be able to work overtime as assigned and respond to emergency response activities as needed.
* Must be self-reliant, dependable, and able to maintain harmonious working relations with co-workers.
* Must write legibly, maintain neat appearance, be accurate in math, and maintain a good safety attitude and record.
* Must be able to perform heavy physical work, and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
* Control center experience, highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.