Bid Proposal Manager - H&B 6/27/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
AON IS LOOKING FOR A BID PROPOSAL MANAGER IN OUR CHICAGO OFFICE.
BID PROPOSAL MANAGER: AON RISK SOLUTIONS, EXCHANGE SOLUTIONS
AS PART OF AN INDUSTRY-LEADING TEAM, YOU WILL HELP EMPOWER RESULTS FOR OUR CLIENTS BY DELIVERING INNOVATIVE AND EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS AS PART OF OUR AON RISK SOLUTIONS U.S. BID TEAM.
This role reports to the Director of Bid Management Health Solutions. The opportunities will focus on our Health Exchange line of business.
The Proposal Project Manager will lead, plan, develop, produce, and deliver proposal and presentation deliverables required by client solicitations (Request for Proposals). The proposal project manager will work closely with colleagues within the Health Exchange Solutions group (including additional bid team members, sales team, Subject Matter Experts, and designers) to ensure that proposals and presentations reflect Aon s best technical, management, and support offerings.
The project manager is expected to assist in achieving national goals for new business and client retention via execution of the core responsibilities of the position, focusing on responding to offensive (new business) and defensive (retention / jeopardy) RFPs and presentations.
* Lead project management efforts for the RFP response / bid process
* Organize and lead proposal meetings to ensure a response strategy is established and implemented
* Provide strategic and content direction for the preparation of proposals and presentations to achieve a response that is in-line with the defined approach
* Work with consultants and subject matter experts to develop custom content
* Partner with the lead designer to ensure deliverables are visually impactful
* Write, revise, proofread, and transmit proposals in response to RFPs and presentations specific to the prospect/client situation
* Continue to develop a practical, working knowledge of our health exchange solutions, services, and technology
* Lead oral presentation brainstorming and development sessions, in addition to conducting rehearsals with client-facing colleagues as needed
* Identify trends and engage in process improvement efforts centrally and nationally where necessary
* Leverage best practices across all offices and U.S. regions
BA in English, Journalism, Marketing, Business, or related fields in Communication required
* 4+ years professional work experience in bid management required; health and/or benefits industry experience required
* Health exchange knowledge strongly preferred
* Significant background in the development of custom strategic content (leveraging strategic messaging/value propositions) and strong editing skills required
* Ability to manage multiple bids simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, meeting all deadlines
* Experience with oral presentations, partnering with a designer and the client team required
* Ability to learn quickly and show flexibility to adapt in a growing group, working both independently and with a team mentality required
* Strong written and verbal communications skills required
* Advanced knowledge of Word and Proposal Management Software (SharePoint, Qvidian, etc) strongly preferred
* Basic Word, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com knowledge required
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.