Manager of Marketing Analytics 6/27/2018
Fort Washington, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-PA-Fort Washington
Aon is looking for a Manager Marketing Analytics
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Aon Affinity Insurance Services in Fort Washington, PA. As a Manager Marketing Analytics, you will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, Aon Affinity US.
Affinity is undertaking a significant journey as part of its 2020 Growth Strategy to grow its existing businesses, add new capabilities (e.g. CRM, Digital, Data & Analytics), and enter new segments. A plan has been developed to build a unique, digitally-enabled customer-centric insurance offering for small businesses (less than 50 employees) distributed through meaningful partnerships.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, Aon Affinity US, this business leader will lead the development and execution of the analytics and data strategy to meet the needs of the marketing organization to support campaign development and testing, list creation, data overlays, data analysis and reporting, as well as process integrity, across all marketing mediums.
To accomplish this goal, Affinity is looking to add a seasoned Manager, Marketing Analytics to manage all marketing campaign analytics, reporting, development and maintenance of marketing databases, and introduces predictive modeling techniques to customer segments where appropriate. This position will reside within the centralized marketing unit that services all business units of Affinity.
Marketing Campaign Analytics
* Lead the development and execution of the analytics and data strategy to meet the needs of the marketing organization to support campaign development and testing, list creation, data overlays, data analysis and reporting, as well as process integrity, across all marketing mediums.
* Define, establish, develop and manage a best in class marketing analytics group. Provide guidance to a team of analysts in their creation of results reports, forecasts, operational and statistical tools and models, and direct the daily activities of campaign analysts to ensure that deliverables are met.
* Analyze direct marketing and database initiatives and recommend strategies to improve ROI and performance of marketing initiatives at a reasonable cost.
* Identify new data sources for analysis and list enhancements.
Marketing Database Management
* Oversee the development of a unified, organization-wide customer database for use in marketing analytics and predictive modeling activities. Ensure the integration of the marketing database with other organizational Business Intelligence and CRM tools for integrated and comprehensive reporting.
* Collaborate with the marketing, sales, operations, and technology teams to identify gaps in the data capture strategy and implement appropriate database enhancements to improve the performance of marketing initiatives; direct and supervise the maintenance of the marketing database, and collaborate with other departments to ensure future database enhancements meet Affinity growth requirements.
* Stay abreast of latest data mining technologies. Develop vision and plan how to leverage these techniques to address key marketing and business issues.
* Develop and manage the database budget, negotiating pricing and terms with external data vendors, ensuring process integrity for key database systems.
* Define, design and develop an institutional capability to do predictive modeling on customers to create an optimized promotional mix for each customer, measure response to the mix and refine the mix in a continual learning process.
* Contribute to the organization s acquisition, cross-sell, and retention of customers in the areas of data mining and predictive modeling by employing the most advanced tools and methodologies to identify marketing and business solutions related to segmentation, promotional response, customer touchpoints, campaign analysis, and promotional mix optimization.
* Work with a wide range of statistical modeling methodologies and build statistical models for behavioral prediction.
Staff Oversight and Development
* Manage staff to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, efficiency and proficiency; evaluate and shift resources based upon business needs for the future; ensure department is current regarding technology to advance marketing capabilities and improve effectiveness.
* Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the firm s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring and training employees, planning and assigning work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Planning and Budgeting
* Deliver innovative, effective, efficient & integrated marketing plans and promotional budgets specifically related to direct marketing. Marketing plans and budgets are developed in conjunction with the BUMLs, the centralized marketing management team and the Affinity Marketing Governance Board. Actively partner to drive & deliver integrated plans.
* Manage Affinity FP&A requests for departmental expense re-forecasts in an accurate and timely fashion.
* 5-7 years related marketing and business leader / management experience
* Bachelor s degree.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.