Sales Engineer, Pentaho Partner Team 6/27/2018
Hitachi Data Systems
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SALES ENGINEER, PENTAHO PARTNER TEAM
Hitachi Vantara is analytics, industrial expertise, technology and outcomes rolled into one great solution provider. A key component of what we bring to our customers is based on the Pentaho platform, enabling IoT and Digital Transformation solutions across various industries. The Pentaho platform is a key component of Hitachis social innovation strategy that will change the world (https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/company/corporate-social-responsibility.html).
This position is one of the most critical roles driving the future of our companys IoT business. You will be part of an extremely visible team representing Hitachi Vantaras Pentaho products to partners in North America. As the Sales Engineer, Pentaho Partner Team you will take the lead on technical presentations and product demonstrations and help recruit and enable new analytics and Big Data partners. You must excel within a matrixed organization and work with internal and external teams to manage and scale the business quickly. The Sales Engineer must possess technical depth as well as strong interpersonal and sales skills.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Solution Design: Interview partners to determine business and technical requirements and determine a technical fit
* Custom Presentations: Create compelling customized presentations tailored to partners use cases and verticals
* Product Expert: Conduct technical Q&A sessions and demonstrations around Pentaho product features, installation, configuration, and best practices
* Lead Evaluations: Design and scope focused evaluation plans that uniquely position Pentaho, are tied to partner requirements, and prove out business value
* Teamwork: Collaborate with big data experts, data scientists, and Hitachi Vantara consultants to deliver advanced custom demonstrations, workshops, and conduct POCs
* Continual Learning: A passion for learning new technologies as needed; creative troubleshooting of issues that require solutions or innovative work-a-rounds
* High Impact: Key stakeholder in collaboration with marketing, product management, engineering, and professional services across Pentaho and Hitachi
* 3 Years of experience architecting, implementing or supporting data warehouse and data pipeline technologies; Pentaho experience a significant plus.3 Years of experience supporting enterprise software sales cycles
* Strong communication, presentation, and relationship skills; ability to provide more than simply technical assistance on calls
* Proven track record working with a sales partner or team to drive revenue
* Understanding of cloud/virtualization technologies (e.g. Azure, Amazon, Google, Private cloud)
* Hands-on working experience with core technologies including
* Operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows, shell scripting),
* Analytical databases (e.g. Redshift, Netezza, Snowflake)
* Relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, generic SQL, JDBC)
* Content (e.g. XML, JSON, text)
* Data engineering
* Advanced analytics (e.g., R, Python, Weka, SAS
* Security systems (LDAP, SSO
* Understanding of Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, NoSQL, Spark).
* Understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning
* B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university (may substitute an Associate degree plus 4 additional years of experience)
* Major or minor in computer science or MIS a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.