Medical Assistant - 60312 6/27/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Form Updated: September 2014
Job Title: Medical Assistant Position number: 94546
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports to: Practice Physician
POSITION SUMMARY: PERFORMS BASIC NURSING SKILLS, AND/OR SERVES UNDER THE DIRECTION AND SUPERVISION OF THE PRACTICE PHYSICIAN AND/OR REGISTERED NURSING STAFF.
QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school graduate, and a certificate or AA degree from a medical assistant program. A minimum of 1-year prior experience in a medical office setting preferred. Knowledge and experience with medical terminology. Must be able to make sound decisions. Ability to appropriately organize and prioritize work assignments. Ability to perform a variety of work assignments in an accurate manner, work independently, demonstrate good communications skill, and computer competency.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Use a computer keyboard, monitor and mouse.
2. Answer telephones and transcribe messages.
3. Communicate verbally, written and electronically with healthcare personnel, families and patients.
4. May be scheduled to work various shifts based on departmental and patient needs.
5. May be required to travel between facilities/buildings.
6. Must meet Department of Labor s MEDIUM duty standard (MEDIUM WORK- exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly).
7. Able to bend, stoop, reach and be capable of normal rotation, standing and walking for an 8-10 hour shift
OSHA EXPOSURE CLASSIFICATION I TB EXPOSURE I
STAFF RIGHTS: I am aware of any potentially conflicting situations and I request not to participate in the following aspects of a patient s care or treatment because of cultural values, ethics or religious beliefs (Specify any staff rights or indicate NONE; initial)
ACCOMMODATIONS: I request the following reasonable accommodations (special equipment, etc) in order to perform the functions of this position (Specify accommodations or indicate NONE; initial)
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The organization reserves the right to alter working hours, based on needs.
Employee ___________________________________________________________________ Date__________________
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)