Wafer Fab Operator 6/28/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
EMCORE Corporation designs and manufactures Indium Phosphide (InP) optical chips, components, subsystems and systems for the broadband and specialty fiber optics market. EMCORE was the pioneer in linear fiber optic transmission technology, and today is a leader in optical components, as well as a provider of complete end-to-end solutions for high-speed communications network infrastructures, enabling systems and service providers to meet growing demand for bandwidth and connectivity. EMCORE s advanced optical technologies are designed for cable television (CATV) and fiber-to-the-premise (FTTP) networks, telecommunications and data centers, satellite communications, aerospace and defense, wireless networks, and broadcast and professional audio/video systems. With its world-class InP semiconductor wafer fabrication facility, EMCORE has fully vertically-integrated manufacturing capability and also provides contract design, foundry and component packaging services. EMCORE is headquartered in Alhambra, California, USA with InP wafer fabrication operations in Alhambra, and ISO 9001 certified manufacturing in Alhambra and Langfang, China. For further information, please visit http://www.emcore.com.
Our Operations team is looking to hire several Fab Operators to support Wafer Manufacturing in our Alhambra facility.
Purpose of the Role
The Fab Operator operates the manufacturing process equipment according to written specifications, performs in-process inspections, tests, and critical dimension measurements to insure quality within the specification guidelines.
They record results in manual logbooks, statistical process control (SPC) software or some other type of PC software, monitor calibration dates on equipment and tools, and track product flow through the process.
In addition, the Fab Operator utilizes specialized job skills in accordance with processes and procedures to complete a wide range of assignments that are moderately complex in nature, where judgment, versatility, and initiative are required to resolve problems and make routine recommendations.
The ability to recognize deviations from the accepted processes and procedures is required.
Primary Job Duties:
* Adhere to fab safety and cleanliness procedures.
* Process optoelectronic wafers through the manufacturing production process, including photolithography, mask aligner, diffusion furnaces, LPCVD, wet and dry etching and metal deposition in a cleanroom environment following written specifications.
* Perform in-process inspections, tests and dimension measurement; record results in logbooks, computers or statistical control software.
* Clean and maintain equipment and work area using 6S principles
* Track product flow through the manufacturing processes
* Interface with maintenance and engineering staff on manufacturing issues
* Handle wafers using various methods (tweezers, vacuum wands, and wafer transfer tools )
* Monitor surface quality of wafers using a microscope and/or bright light equipment.
* Engage in daily production operation to ensure production objectives are met.
* Exchange timely information with other team members on product flow and workforce needs.
* Inform management and engineers of any unexpected results.
* Perform other duties as assigned
Education: High school or equivalent
* Knowledge of semiconductor or optelectronics manufacturing processes, practices, and techniques experience is preferred
* One year of experience as an Operator or Assembler in a manufacturing environment.
* Able to read and understand process instructions and able to work effectively within a team environment. Working knowledge of clean room protocol, procedures and material safety data sheets
* Excellent manual dexterity, able to manipulate material with tweezers and other instruments
* Able to understand and follow complex directions whether given verbally or in writing
* Detail oriented and conscientious
* Willing to wear clean room garments throughout the duration of the workday
NOTE: Due to the nature of the products involved candidates must be US citizens or Permanent Residents.
EMCORE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.