Instrumentation & Controls Technician 6/28/2018
McClure Engineering Company
North Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY McClure is seeking an Instrumentation and Controls Technician with 1 to 5+ years experience to work in our North Kansas City office. The Instrumentation and Controls Technician will be an integral part of project teams that deliver ready-to-use solutions to the oil and gas, power, alternative power and water/wastewater industries. We supply complete solutions for some of the most successful energy providers and distributors in the nation, along with many municipal and county utility authorities.
The Instrumentation and Controls Technician will have the opportunity to work with industrial instrumentation and controls applications, integral to overall project delivery, from design through startup and commissioning. Desired prerequisites for this position are listed below.
* A two-year technical degree from an accredited technical institute, or equivalent industry experience
* Familiarity with electrical and mechanical systems
* Aptitude for computer programming, esp real-time applications
* Experience using the MS Office suite of products
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a team
* Self-motivated, able to work alone with little or no supervision
* Willingness to travel
* The ideal candidate will have experience with natural gas measurement and control applications and the ability to troubleshoot both electrical and pneumatic control systems.
McClure is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from candidates with diverse cultural backgrounds.
MEC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and encourages applications from candidates with diverse cultural backgrounds.