Assistant Estimator (Hartford, CT) 6/29/2018
Consigli Construction Co., Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Assistant Estimator (Hartford, CT)
Regular Full Time
Interested in an outstanding opportunity to become part of a team with a stellar reputation as a community engaged Employer of Choice* Consigli Construction Co., Inc. (Consigli) is a fourth generation, Employee owned company, and we are hiring!
Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Globe, the Boston Business Journal, the Hartford Business Journal, and MaineBiz, our culture draws raw talent from college intern to seasoned veteran with substantial years of experience in their field. We credit empowerment, innovation and thinking great for our continual growth and success. Most importantly, we are thankful for our employees and are proud to have one of the most exciting project portfolios in the business.
Reports to: Chief Estimator
Estimate, including assisting estimators by performing quantity take-offs, sub list management and subcontractor contact, research on various systems and products, studies and comparisons, document management, and keeping accurate records. This position is ideal for someone looking to contribute immediately to our projects, while developing the skills and competencies to grow into a larger estimating role at Consigli.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Attend pre-bid meetings and site walk-throughs
* Prepare detailed scopes of work for assigned trades
* Perform accurate and timely detailed take-offs as required
* Maintain and submit log of RFI s to architect
* Review proposals from subcontractors
* Identify scope gaps against prepared scopes of work, effectively leveling the subcontractors when necessary
* Assist lead estimator with preparation of handoff documents or post-bid cleanup
* Ability to work both on a team as well as independently
* Commitment to quality
* High attention to detail
This position is not responsible for oversight or performance management of any employees
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with standard work hours, Monday Friday.
Required Education and Experience
* Bachelor s Degree, preferably in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Consigli provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.