ESS Technician 6/29/2018
Evergreen Fire and Safety
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
Evergreen Fire and Security (EFS) is a recognized leader in electronic security and life safety solutions with a strong history of successful past performance for both the Federal Government and commercial markets. We have successfully built on this foundation - expanding our services to the design, installation, maintenance, service, and administration of fire alarm, mass notification, intrusion detection, access control, and CCTV Systems to project sites worldwide. Our team s commitment to the highest level of service for our customers is at the forefront of our way of doing business, and our ability to recruit, train, and retain the best staff has allowed us to deliver a level of service that is unmatched in the industry.
Work schedule is Monday thru Thursday. Employees will work 4-10 hours per day.
We are looking for an experienced Electronic Security Systems Technician at our Dugway Proving Grounds site. A successful Electronic Security Systems Technician works under the supervision of the Project Manager to support company goals in day-to-day operations as a field representative. Duties may include installation, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Intrusion Detection Systems, CCTV, Access Control, and other related systems.
Job Duties and Functions:
* Install, repair, inspect, test, maintain and troubleshoot security system related components and projects * Provide field customer service and represent Evergreen Fire and Security in a professional manner * Train customers on the usage of all applicable products used in installation and/or upgrades * Ensure compliance with all State and Federal regulations as applicable to service, installation, maintenance of systems and OSHA safety standards * Interface with EFS internal customers including but not limited to the engineering staff with technical information necessary to improve installations * Read and comprehend blueprints, project instructions, and company forms * Install minor conduit as necessary * Respond to emergency calls * Travel as necessary * Maintain confidentiality at all times
All other duties as assigned within qualifications
Experience And Skills:
* Honeywell Vindicator IDS, ACS, and VCC certification * High school diploma or equivalent * IT or an electrical background * Basic electrical wiring experience * Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office) * Good communication skills to interface with customers * Able to call and schedule appointments, follow instructions and code requirements * Perform follow-up to ensure the client is ready for inspection * Attention to detail * Ability to work autonomously * Ability to work well with others and come to work with a positive attitude * A valid driver s license and proof of minimum liability insurance * Pass a pre-employment and continuing random background, drug and MVR screenings
* 3 years of verifiable related work experience * Experienced in the IT field * Experienced electrician * Current Secret Level or higher security clearance * Prior experience working on government contracts or military bases * OSHA 30 certificate
Valid CPR/First Aid card
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Paid Vacation time (Accrual begins on date of hire; eligibility effective following 90 days of active employment)
* 7 Paid Holidays
* Life / Accident Death and Dismemberment insurance
* Short-Term Disability Insurance
* Long-Term Disability Insurance
* 401K Benefit: Evergreen Fire and Security makes Safe Harbor matching contributions in the amount of 100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 2% of participant contributions for the calendar year. You are always 100% vested in the Safe Harbor contribution.
* Employer Assistance Program (EAP)*: Coverage for employee such as financial planning, counseling, supervisor assistance, and much more. Dedicated staff of benefit advocates to help with everything from coverage, to billing to prescription medication
* Evergreen Fire and Security Corporate Perks: Save money on computers, restaurants, cell phones, and much more just by being an employee of Evergreen Fire and Security
Evergreen Fire and Security is a nationwide fire and security company. Evergreen Fire and Security is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call 253-627-3794 and ask for Human Resources or email HR@evergreenfire.com.
We agree to post in conspicuous places available to employees and applicants for employment, notices to be provided by the contracting officer setting forth the provisions of this nondiscrimination clause.