Configuration Manager/Document Control Specialist 6/29/2018
Meggitt Defense Systems, Inc (Meggitt Baltimore, Inc.)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
The configuration manager provides the overall Configuration Management (CM) infrastructure and environment to the product development team. The configuration manager also has to ensure that the CM environment facilitates product review, and change and defect tracking activities. The configuration manager is also responsible for writing the CM Plan and reporting progress statistics based on change requests. Maintains configuration records and advises engineering director on documentation required for changes or modifications.
Essential duties & Responsibilities
* Develop Configuration Management processes to comply with internal and external customer requirements.
* Develop Configuration Management Plans to support projects and products.
* Manage change management system; conduct training of the change management and data management systems & tools.
* Data Management support and planning to meet the program SDRL requirements to customers and interface with client configuration managers (Prime Contractor and DoD) as well as subcontractor configuration management.
* Review and approve documents to ensure that they meet the company configuration requirements.
* Work within the Enovia system to process documents for consumption.
* Create and use the Configuration Management Database to collect change management performance metrics.
* Ability to lead a configuration management board.
* Manage configuration within the MRP system tool (Made2Manage).
* Support configuration audits for ISO, CMMI, and other external entities and customer Physical Configuration Audits (PCA).
* Create, manage and sustain project Configuration Status Account Reports (CSAR).
* Maintain the current Configuration Management and Document Control Policy, Systems, and Procedures.
* Support company-wide initiatives in master data management tools and processes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Education & Experience:
Associate s degree (A.A) from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent and a minimum of 8+ years related experience in configuration management.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general ECOs, drawings, EBoms, documents and procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and proposals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Required to have very good oral and written communications. Should be capable of making presentations to customers.
Experience with Enovia or other configuration management software. Spreadsheets & word processing (Word, Excel). Experience with Made2Manage or other ERP software. Unipoint experience is a plus.
Physical/Mental Demands & Work Environment:
Position involves sitting, standing and/or walking. Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 20 pounds of force to move objects.
The work site is an industrial manufacturing operation and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required in some aspects of the role.
Work usually performed in air-conditioned office environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D