Property Accountant 6/29/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About this Opportunity:
Regency Centers is seeking a PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT to join our Jacksonville, FL corporate office. The Property Accountant is primarily responsible for performing and monitoring day-to-day, period-end transactions and month-end close for a regional portfolio of up to 50 commercial real estate properties. Be an accountable member of a cross-functional team, and be involved with other functions related to the portfolio, such as Accounts Receivable, Lease Administration, Reconciliations and Fixed Assets accounting. Be a critical partner with internal stakeholders (Property Management, Leasing, Financial Services, Joint Ventures, etc.) providing relevant information and assistance as needed.
Prepare the month-end financial statements with supporting schedules/spreadsheets for a regional portfolio of properties to ensure compliance with GAAP. * Prepare and enter journal entries for any property within portfolio.
* Review and reconcile key Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts (including bank reconciliations).
* On an ad-hoc basis perform certain functions of other teams in the Real Estate Accounting group (Rec & Recovery, Accounts Receivable, Lease Administration, Fixed Assets, and Development Accounting) to ensure complete understanding of processes and workflow.
* Assist with the accounting and recording of certain significant leasing transactions (including calculation of lease commissions).
* Enter and /or review manual bills, re-classes, journal entries etc. as needed based on activity in the portfolio.
* Close and upload properties monthly to a company shared platform, ensuring the financials are in balance and all variances explained and documented.
* Assist with the accounting and recording of certain property acquisitions and dispositions.
* Bachelor s degree with a concentration in Accounting or closely related discipline
* CPA or working towards getting CPA preferred
* Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Intermediate level proficiency with JD Edwards (or related accounting software), Spreadsheet Server and GL Inquiry preferred
* Technical writing skills
* 1 3 years of commercial real estate experience preferred
* Prior accounting related experience preferred
* Strong attention to detail while completing multiple or repetitive tasks
* Demonstrates a serious commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals or deadlines
* Priority setting, organization and time-management skills
* Ability to perform multiple tasks and work in a team environment
* Customer focus, interpersonal savvy, oral and written communication skills
* High level of professionalism and integrity. Highly trustworthy and able to handle proprietary financial and transactional information appropriately.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive compensation and benefits package includes a 401(k) profit sharing plan with company match, medical insurance with prescription drug coverage, dental insurance including coverage for orthodontics, vision insurance, an incentive-based wellness program, flexible spending accounts, company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance, company-paid life insurance, educational assistance, matching charitable gifts and flexible paid time off.
*Regency Centers is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Regency Centers is a smoke-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening is required. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.