HVAC Service Technician- Journeyman 6/30/2018
P1 Group Inc.
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY P1 Group currently has an opening for qualified candidates for full-time HVAC Service Technicians to serve the Kansas City Metro area.
Join our P1 Group Team!
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
P1 Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We have a competitive compensation package.
Candidates with the following are preferred:
* Trade school or secondary school.
* Manufacture s training on commercial HVAC equipment.
* Experience as a Journeyman Service Tech for at least 5 years.
* At least 10 years of experience in the HVAC industry.
* Minimum 5 years of experience servicing or maintaining commercial or industrial HVAC equipment.
* A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Refrigeration license.
* Experience with OEM HVAC equipment software.
* Good customer service skills.
* Ability to operate a variety of equipment such as hand tools, computers (preferred), diagnostic and testing equipment.
* Ability to perform brazing and soldering.
* Experience with electrical troubleshooting.
* Experience reading wiring diagrams.
* Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be able to meet P1 Group qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a valid driver s license.
* This position is represented by Pipefitters Local Union 533.
The job duties consist of installations, maintenance and repair of heating, ventilating, and conditioning systems.
The company provides laundered uniforms, a vehicle, a safe working environment, and a cell phone.