CEMP Process Automation Technician 7/1/2018
Olin Chlor Alkali Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, has an opening for a CEMP Process Automation Technician, located in Freeport, TX. The CEMP Process Control Automation Technician (PCAT) will support process automation activities for the Chlorinated Methanes and Chlorinated Ethanes plants (CEMP). CEMP assets are located in the A1800, A2400, A1600, A-1000 and A-3000 blocks.
The PCAT role for CEMP requires knowledge of instrumentation, control loop troubleshooting, network topology, and automation hardware, which consist of 10 Mod V systems for a total 43 physical MODV cans, 23 Remote cans, and MODV remotes located in the A-3000 block, GPI and CROS environment systems for Simulation and Production housed in the A-1800 block.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin is the world's leading producer or chlor alkali products and Vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
* Maintain CEMP's process control hardware
* Troubleshoots and solves process control software issues
* Review/simulate process control program loads
* Load process control improvements
* Supports plant upsets, plant startups, plant shutdowns and plant projects
* Assign new variables for improvement projects
* Resolve process control hardware issues
* Ensures control loops are adequately tuned and process parameters are controlled to allow consistent operating conditions, product quality, etc.
* Ensures key process parameters are history logged and data is available when needed.
* Coordinates hardware maintenance with support groups
* Shares responsibility to establish and maintain operating discipline related to process control equipment
* Coordinates multiple process automation projects
* Create/modify M&EB reports
* Reviewer for Management of Change that involves process automation
* Maintain/modify existing SSC programming as needed
* Ability to code simple alarms, and control loops a plus
* Provide afterhours troubleshooting and support
* Provide rough weather support (hurricane duty)
* Maintain all UPS systems
* Assist in troubleshooting all remote DCS systems
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
* 5 years' experience in chemical operations is required
* MOD5 systems experience is required and Operator Station experience is preferred
* Ability to understand the concepts and functionality of control system hardware and programming language is preferred
* General Computer skills are required
* Must have a valid US Driver's License
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.