Production Engineer 7/1/2018
Olin Chlor Alkali Products
Saint Gabriel, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, has an opening for a Production Engineer located in our St. Gabriel, LA location. This role works as a technical resource to coach and assist the operations team to optimize and improve Environmental, Health & Safety, process safety, production throughput, product quality, conversion, and reliability of supply. This roles acts as a technical resource for operations personnel, applying technical skills to optimize plant operations, resolving plant issues, and enabling safe and efficient production of low cost, quality products. This role provides a technical resource to assist work teams on daily operations and process performance to run a low cost, on specification, reliable, optimized operation; thereby maximizing value to the business in a safe, environmentally friendly manner.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin is the world's leading producer or chlor alkali products and Vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
* Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology.
* Works with plant personnel to optimize operations to meet business and plant goals. (Environmental, Health & Safety, Process Safety, Production, cost, quality, energy, reliability)
* Participates when required in advanced trouble shooting and coaches others to learn these skills and ensures findings are documented for future usage.
* Performs engineering analysis and calculations and assists with plant troubleshooting and implementation of production/maintenance needs.
* Leads or participates in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA's).
* Leads or participates in Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR's).
* Leads or participates in process commissioning and start-up activities.
* Writes area operating procedures as needed and ensures existing procedures are current, accurate and complete.
* Leads or participate in Operator training efforts for new operators and new installations.
* Provides PSM support and utilizes MOC process to facilitate any equipment design or process changes.
* Provides leadership and direction in the day to day decision making for the operating area of responsibility.
* As required, participates on and leads teams in his/her area of accountability.
* Networks with other engineers on site and within the business to leverage knowledge on plant operations.
* Ensures applicable specifications, codes, and standards are understood and utilized.
* Ensures Operating Discipline/Operating Discipline Management System requirements are met.
* Designs and implements process improvement solutions in order to optimize operations.
* Understands and applies skills and knowledge to support projects, as required. Provides scope development and technical support to projects.
* Works with Plant Process Control Roles to ensure process control is optimized in the facility.
* Helps coordinate area of responsibility during planned shutdown and maintenance activities.
* Shared on call responsibilities with other plant personnel.
* A minimum of 3 years of production/manufacturing experience, chlorine manufacturing environment preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering*
* Demonstrated ability to problem solve and work in a team environment.
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
* Knowledge of OSHA 1910.119 PSM standard preferred.
* Demonstrated use of data management systems (Pi), spreadsheet and Microsoft Office systems; SAP experience preferred.
* Must be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.