Account Specialist I 7/3/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Lincolnshire
Aon is looking for an Account Specialist
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Service Delivery business group within Aon Risk Solutions, in Lincolnshire, IL. This position reports to the Associate Director, Client Service Unit, but is required to follow the direction of a senior staff member and maintain effective and productive relationships with both internal and external clients.
Your impact as an Account Specialist
The Account Specialist I manages and/or performs the daily fulfillment of service requirements for select accounts or assists a Senior Client Specialist in the support of a complex or highly active account colleagues. This is achieved through effective communication and partnership with internal and outsourced ACS
* Identify and retrieve relevant compliance documentation necessary to process renewals, invoices, surplus lines filing and any other ACS deliverables.
* Perform necessary activities or support a senior team member in the initiating a renewal, processing an invoice, issuing auto IDs, processing surplus lines, issuing emergency certificates, resolving premium account discrepancies, initiating endorsements, processing vehicle suspensions and processing other client requests.
* Seeks assistance from senior team members when confronted with unfamiliar or complex processing transactions.
* React to field office requests via Broker Desktop tools that require actions in a timely manner.
* Organize or assist senior team members with the preparation of renewals and assist the distribution team with the delivery of relevant outputs.
* Ensure system of record (Bridge & Broker Desktop) is accurate and current to ensure outputs and client deliverables will be produced according to guidelines and policy detail.
* Liaise and be responsive to inquiries from outsourced provider to manage and ensure the timeliness and quality of outputs.
* Upload, index or attach documents in Document Management System.
* Perform pre renewal account review with the field office to meet client expectations related to timelines and to ensure accuracy of deliverables (certificates, invoices, endorsements, etc.).
* Help colleagues troubleshoot and resolve basic client issues around ACS services.
* Upon policy placement (with assistance from a senior team member), creates policy summaries, schedules of insurance, calculates premium allocations, and provides quality review of all post placement outputs.
* With assistance from senior team members, address and complete special client projects.
* Participate in office and client visits.
You bring knowledge and expertise
* Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with external and internal clients on client servicing activities
* Understands operation processes and methodologies; proven ability to work effectively with moderate guidance and supervision.
* Must have strong Excel skills to import/export data, strong Word skills, some v-look up experience a plus.
* Successfully operates in a fast-paced output driven environment that requires staff members to multi-task, react quickly and perform task that are not routine.
* Entry level position 1-3 years of commercial insurance/office experiences a plus; will also consider recent college graduate.
* Must have appropriate insurance brokers license or obtain within 6 months of hire.
Bachelor s degree is preferred, but will consider a high school diploma with 1 3 years of commercial insurance experience.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.