Health and Benefits Consultant 7/3/2018
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-MI-Grand Rapids
AON IS LOOKING FOR A MIDDLE MARKET HEALTH & BENEFITS CONSULTANT
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health & Benefits Consulting business group within Aon Risk Solutions, in Grand Rapids, MI. As a Health & Benefits Consultant, you will help deliver outstanding service primarily to self-funded clients with less than 5,000 employees.
YOUR IMPACT AS A HEALTH AND BENEFITS CONSULTANT
GENERAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Possess a broad and deep understanding of health and welfare plans with a working knowledge of benefits and services offered to clients.
* Specific areas of expertise required for this position include plan compliance, Request for Proposal (RFP) development, response and oversight, carrier negotiations, stewardship report preparation and delivery, and carrier contract review.
* Must work well with internal and external Aon client team members with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must be capable of developing and maintaining good working relationships with team members and day to day client contacts.
* Responsible for effectively managing project timelines, as well as client team deliverables with a continual eye toward process improvement.
* Specific job responsibilities include:
* Client Management Support the Account Executive in delivering Aon s promise of partnership, innovation, expertise, and results.
* Renewals Update plan designs into our proprietary database; prepare plan design summary exhibits for all lines of coverage, manage the annual process, and serve as primary vendor contact.
* Marketing Prepare, correspond, and distribute RFPs to vendors; prepare marketing results, financial ratings, and facilitate delivery to client; prepare compliance and transparency authorization to the client.
* Ongoing Consulting Service Advise on general health and welfare plan compliance; assist clients with escalated claim, billing, and eligibility issues; coordinate with proprietary database for Aon compliance requirements; review summary plan descriptions; coordinate with client, vendors, and Aon communications practice on employee communications, and oversee activities on the client service calendar; coordinate Form 5500 filings; prepare and deliver benchmarking data; review plan utilization and identify trends; facilitate implementation meetings; prepare meeting notes and action items; answer day-to-day client questions; participate on client status calls and in meetings; prepare open enrollment materials and present at open enrollment meetings.
* Participate and/or lead, as needed, on task forces and special project teams.
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* Ideal candidate will have five to seven years of experience in the group health and benefits industry.
* Strong organizational and project management skills.
* Client service orientation that develops and maintains an understanding of client needs and expectations.
* Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
* Ability to translate technical content in nontechnical terms in written and verbal communications.
* Excellent proofreading skills.
* Ethical behavior that adheres to professional standards and ethics, and demonstrates the highest level of integrity and honesty in all interactions.
* Bachelor s degree (Business degree preferred) or equivalent years of industry experience.
* License or Certificate requirements: Appropriate Insurance License/Life and Health.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.