GIS Analyst 7/3/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EDENS, a national leading retail real estate developer, is looking for a GIS Analyst to join our Brand + Culture team in Columbia, South Carolina. The primary goal of the GIS Analyst is to assist others in the company to present spatial data effectively. This requires researching, analyzing, and presenting spatial data. The GIS Analyst must work efficiently and meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment.
This full-time position will assist with spatial analysis and presentation regarding, but not limited to, the acquisition, development, and disposal of shopping centers. The GIS Analyst will assist in performing demographic and psychographic trade area analysis and creating maps using ESRI software for all clients within the company. Must be able to work within the ESRI ArcGIS desktop platform confidently, efficiently and effectively. Other duties include assisting in research of traffic counts, store locations, competitor locations, and general demographic data. Must also be capable of handling multiple assignments simultaneously, working with minimal supervision, attention to detail, dependable, with a positive "can do" attitude and have a concept of the real estate industry. The GIS Analyst will report to the Senior GIS Manager.
* Working knowledge of MS Office especially Excel
* Strong GIS skills including but not limited to editing of GIS features, data management, geoprocessing, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, and ESRI-relevant programming languages
* Understanding of and/or willing to learn math and statistical analysis
* Genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits / finding new solutions
* A basic understanding of the concepts behind data management in a relational database
* Good analytical / problem solving skills
* College Degree in GIS or high level of experience with GIS
* Customer service oriented
* Excellent verbal / written communication skills - for documentation, training, processes
* Ability to work effectively with varying levels of leadership within the company
* Well organized and detail oriented
* Creative and committed to ongoing learning
* Knowledge of the real estate industry preferred
* Minimum of 2 years of professional GIS experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.